New headset not taking over calls from other bluetooth kit

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Why would a headset not show up or take over a call?

When my iPhone 7+ iOS 10.1 is connected to my car via bluetooth and I'm on the phone, if I turn on my new headset (Insignia brand) the headset announces that it is on and connected to the phone, but does not show up on the phone as connected, and will not take over the call from the car, nor can I force it to. I can do this when using another headset.

When listening to music from the phone in the car, I can turn on this headset and it will automatically take over the audio.

The headset is a phone headset, it does work to make and receive calls.

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that your iPhone cannot recognize both of these devices as bluetooth output devices at the same time. What I suggest you do is to get a bluetooth/aux transmitter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2841004 and then delete the car blue tooth from your iPhone's devices and only have it connected to your headset. By doing this, you can play music through your phone to the car via the aux/bluetooth transmitter and also answer calls with your bluetooth headset. This is the only way I can think of that will allow you to use both devices. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro