Music app player showing on lock screen

rhoric

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Every once in awhile the music app player shows up on my lock screen when i have a pic for my lock screen. This only started happening when iOS 10 came out. I don't listen to music on my phone.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The music player shows up because you connected a BT device or if you don't have a 7, you plug in a set of headphones or an aux cord.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Its happened a couple of times here, too - no idea why (oh, and BTW, Apple - ugly control panel for this) - but I do a hard reboot (power and home button depressed until phone shuts down > Apple icon appears), and this has resolved the issue.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This just happened to me this morning, and as with Bazza1, a hard reboot resolved the issue for me. Very weird....

ngfs66

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem. It is not related headphones, spotify, or listening to music on my phone. I do none of that. I email, text, and reach a few websites for news or weather. Period. It was occurring almost every time my battery got low, and if it happened overnight it would drain my battery down from 100% to 35%. When it doesn't appear, my 100% charge stays at 100% overnight. I got rid of my ringtone apps, and the iTunes app and that seemed to make it go away, but now it is back, and I want that sucker gone!

YourDaddyNow

Feb 12, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem. It is not related headphones, spotify, or listening to music on my phone. I do none of that. I email, text, and reach a few websites for news or weather. Period. It was occurring almost every time my battery got low, and if it happened overnight it would drain my battery down from 100% to 35%. When it doesn't appear, my 100% charge stays at 100% overnight. I got rid of my ringtone apps, and the iTunes app and that seemed to make it go away, but now it is back, and I want that sucker gone!

Same issue and feelings about it
Since I don't collect music and the music I do play comes from apps like Pandora and Spotify, I chose to delete the iPhone Music App. I rebooted the phone and the media controls on my lockscreen are now gone! Wish there was a better way but that's Apple. Hope this works for someone else

skybks

May 5, 2018
Visit site
It’s because you’re connected Bluetooth to something, I’be been watching how mine goes on and off. And mine is connected to my car, so when my husband leaves the music screen goes off but once he comes back it comes back on. If I’m not in range with my car my music screen is off!

joblue85

May 24, 2018
Visit site
The music app goes off my lock screen just for a few hours when I turn the phone off and back on or do a hard shut off as I have seen some people call it (holding in both buttons at the same time). I turned off the "Show Apple Music" in settings, that didn't help. I turned off Cellular Data, that didn't help. Nothing helps. It goes away for a few hours but eventually comes back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not just music controls. It can also come from videos that may still be open in apps like Facebook. When I get this, I have to search around for what was left open. It's usually a video somewhere. I turn it off, and then it's ok. If I can't find it, I do a hard reset (reboot).

klimbo13

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
the music app player shows up on my lock screen iphone x , i have a picture on my lock screen when i do a hard reboot it seem to correct it but it keeps happening. I dont want to keep rebooting my iphonex. pls help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro