Looking for a new keyboard app

vikrantvm

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I was a happy Fleksy keyboard user, loved it for its minimal interface. It just took up a lot less screen real estate than the regular stock keyboard. Plus I loved the left swipe to delete last word feature. But after upgrading to to iOS 10, the keyboard doesn't perform so well, hangs midway and I get the stock keyboard. I suppose Fleksy just gives up. I read that the Fleksy team went to Pinterest and I haven't got any app updates for months.
All that being said, I think its time for me to move on to a new keyboard app. Any suggestions in line with what Fleksy used to offer are appreciated. Important for me would be a minimal interface and less screen real estate(I'm on 5S) :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since the beginning of iOS 8. It's the smartest keyboard of all. I use predictive, rather than swipe.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since the beginning of iOS 8. It's the smartest keyboard of all. I use predictive, rather than swipe.

I never used a 3rd party keyboard. Do you really find a benefit to using one? Better predictive and auto-correct? Question, once you set it as your keyboard, do you have to change it each time in a message or when using a keyboard or will it stay as default?

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I like Swiftkey. I tried the Google's Gboard for a couple months but went back to Swiftkey. I use the swipe option and like the predictive text.

Freak_1988

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I was a happy Fleksy keyboard user, loved it for its minimal interface. It just took up a lot less screen real estate than the regular stock keyboard. Plus I loved the left swipe to delete last word feature. But after upgrading to to iOS 10, the keyboard doesn't perform so well, hangs midway and I get the stock keyboard. I suppose Fleksy just gives up. I read that the Fleksy team went to Pinterest and I haven't got any app updates for months.
All that being said, I think its time for me to move on to a new keyboard app. Any suggestions in line with what Fleksy used to offer are appreciated. Important for me would be a minimal interface and less screen real estate(I'm on 5S) :)

I'd recommend Gboard by google...It offers everything offered in Fleksy & much more... Recently it has become my favourite iPhone keyboard replacing Swifkey.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I typically stick with the stock board but sometimes I like to dabble in the 3rd party region of boards! GBoard was my favorite but I'm digging SwiftKey at the moment.

Love the slide typing!