Used this a bunch last night, now myself and a few others have noticed the send button has turned into the old microphone again? We're all on iOS10 and have used the effects many times. Anyone else?
    10-04-2016 07:24 AM
    Works fine for me. Be sure reduced motion is off. And don't forget to add text. It switches from mic to arrow when you type in text.
    If it still doesn't work, try turning off iMessage, sign out of iMessage, sign back in and turn on.
    Next try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    10-04-2016 07:35 AM
    Mine never turned into the microphone, but I have had 2-3 instances where a long press/force touch on the up arrow stopped working. I checked settings and my reduce motion was still toggled to off. I just toggled it on and off again and things started working normally again. Not sure why. Kind of annoying and buggy.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-04-2016 01:35 PM
    Mine never turned into the microphone, but I have had 2-3 instances where a long press/force touch on the up arrow stopped working. I checked settings and my reduce motion was still toggled to off. I just toggled it on and off again and things started working normally again. Not sure why. Kind of annoying and buggy.
    The effects worked with reduce motion on, not off. Works both ways now in the new beta.
    10-04-2016 01:58 PM
    The effects worked with reduce motion on, not off. Works both ways now in the new beta.
    No. For me, it only works with reduce motion toggled off. I had it turned on since the feature was introduced and could not get effects to work at all in iMessage. When I turned off reduce motion, it started working.
    10-04-2016 06:10 PM
    No. For me, it only works with reduce motion toggled off. I had it turned on since the feature was introduced and could not get effects to work at all in iMessage. When I turned off reduce motion, it started working.
    I'm sorry, I got backwards. LOL You're right. The new update got me twisted.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-05-2016 04:52 AM
    The microphone shows for me when the text field is empty. Once you type something the mic turns into the send button.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 06:57 PM