Hey there I just made the switch from a BlackBerry Passport to an iPhone 7 plus. There's a lot of changes I am loving and some things I miss about my BlackBerry. One of the big ones was the ability to have YouTube videos keep playing even when I was in a different app or screen. I know there's work arounds like the headphone trick, but is there a reason it can't keep playing even when I switch to something else? Seems like a silly omission ...
    10-01-2016 10:26 PM
    You can't have that unless you are subscribed to YouTube Red.

There's a workaround (you can search for it on YouTube) but I haven't tried it with iOS 10.
    10-02-2016 12:01 AM
    Hey there I just made the switch from a BlackBerry Passport to an iPhone 7 plus. There's a lot of changes I am loving and some things I miss about my BlackBerry. One of the big ones was the ability to have YouTube videos keep playing even when I was in a different app or screen. I know there's work arounds like the headphone trick, but is there a reason it can't keep playing even when I switch to something else? Seems like a silly omission ...
    YouTube and Alphabet won't let you continue to listen or watch a video in the background with iOS, in favor of their YouTube Red subscription program that will let you. A work around is going to your control center after you switch to another app or leave your browser and select "play".
    10-02-2016 12:26 PM
    Here's what I do. I use the Firefox browser. Bring up YouTube, sign in, play a video/song. When the video is playing full screen, press the home button. Then pull up the control center and tap to play. I just tested it for iOS 10. It works. May not work in all browsers. It does in Firefox and Chrome.
    10-02-2016 01:48 PM
    Appreciate the tips! Thanks
    10-02-2016 04:12 PM
    Here's what I do. I use the Firefox browser. Bring up YouTube, sign in, play a video/song. When the video is playing full screen, press the home button. Then pull up the control center and tap to play. I just tested it for iOS 10. It works. May not work in all browsers. It does in Firefox and Chrome.
    This works for me with Safari as well, been doing it for years. The only thing I could see Firefox or Chrome doing better is repeating video functionality through extensions (for example, if it is a song).
    10-03-2016 09:22 AM
    This works for me with Safari as well, been doing it for years. The only thing I could see Firefox or Chrome doing better is repeating video functionality through extensions (for example, if it is a song).
    It does work in Safari. But several times I couldn't get the full screen.
    10-03-2016 12:08 PM