Official iOS 10 Tips and Tricks Thread!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Heeeey everyone! Thought it'd be fun to share iOS 10 tips and tricks right here for everyone to see (and add to).

What are your favorite tips and tricks? Share 'em, and help us all get the most out of iOS 10!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen several complaints about the music controls on the Control Center being a slide over. They want to pull it up and it be right there.
If while on the music as here
35a949ed6355ccb3ed8fe5ad980fbde8.png

You pull it down where it is
06afe2e7097cc554604cd0c2233d5d90.jpg

Then the next time you pull up the Control Center, it is already on the music controls.
78b5916bac4449a94fee88e3666d9205.jpg

This works until you reboot or reset.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Tip: Install the iPhone User Guide for iOS 10 to your phone. Great for those either new to iPhone or not yet familiar with iOS 10.

Note: I couldn't find it in the store on my phone for some reason. I had to install it via iTunes.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Tip: Install the iPhone User Guide for iOS 10 to your phone. Great for those either new to iPhone or not yet familiar with iOS 10.

Note: I couldn't find it in the store on my phone for some reason. I had to install it via iTunes.
Hmmm. I was able to find it fine in the iBooks app on the iPhone. It was the first thing that popped up when I searched for "iPhone user guide".

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm. I was able to find it fine in the iBooks app on the iPhone. It was the first thing that popped up when I searched for "iPhone user guide".

I had the previous version (9) in iBooks, and for some reason 10 wouldn't show up for me in the app store. No idea why. Perhaps I should of deleted 9 first. /shrug

Bill2Bo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
3D touch in the control center. The 3 levels of flashlight brightness has been shockingly useful.
Finally Apple is making better use of the force touch!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For people having trouble adjusting brightness in Control Center (e.g., accidentally swiping over to music controls instead of adjusting brightness), put your finger on the brightness toggle and wait for the screen brightness to change a bit before moving the slider. Then you'll know you're in the editing mode.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
3D touch in the control center. The 3 levels of flashlight brightness has been shockingly useful.

This has been a lifesaver for me when I need to sneak into my bedroom at night but my 6 month old is asleep so I can turn on any lights. Before I got my 7+ I'd have to go in with full flashlight on the 5s, now I can use "low light" and not disturb him.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Yes! Also, 3D Touch on the calculator to copy last result is very handy

khkeet

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for pointing this out- didn't realize there was such a thing! I was able to find it by opening iBooks and searching for iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.1

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
3D Touch on an app that is currently downloading from the App Store and you get options for prioritization etc.…

sergeykrasilnik

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
You can get nested folders (folder in folder) in Notes app. Drag a folder in mac os or iclou.com and place it above another folder. It will appear on iPhone as well.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch on an app that is currently downloading from the App Store and you get options for prioritization etc.…

I could not figure out how to get this to work, I kept trying to 3D Touch on the app in the updates section rather than on the actual app icon on home screen. LOL it was driving me crazy then I saw how to do it on an article about 3D Touch secrets.