Your first impressions of iOS 10

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Doing what I do around here, I bounce between phones a lot. iPhones, Androids, Windows Phones, and yes, BlackBerry's as well. They're scattered all over my office. With that in mind, I'm just getting down to the business of iOS 10 on my iPhone. Will have some initial thoughts soon, but am wondering what you folks thought in the first 24 hours after update? Good first impression? Some things that took getting used to? Is there anything I need to be aware of?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been using it since it was first released to developers in June. My initial thought was this is quite a change from previous iOS. It did not take long to get use to and I have really enjoyed using it. I really like what they did to Messages and hope they open it up even further in the future.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I started using it with the release of the public beta. I like it a lot. I find the changes to messages make it much more personal and interactive (although I mostly use those changes when messaging our 12 year old as opposed to my wife). Raise to wake is great as well. The overall look of iOS just keeps getting better with each update!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too got on early back in July. It was love at first boot for me. I thought that all the messaging additions were for kids and that I'd never use them but I've been giving thumbs up, down and using messaging effects like a crazy person. Great way to acknowledge a message without having to come up with an unwarranted response. Ha

Definitely one of the better if not the best iOS updates yet.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So far, I am mostly liking it.

Not having white backgrounds be white suck

That aside, I'm liking raise to wake. It reminds me of glance on Windows Phone.
I'm trying to get used to not sliding to unlock the screen. It feels weird not to.

Edit: Liking that I can just press the home button to silence an alarm.

Last edited:

vikgoel1992

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhone 6 to ios10 platform , i saw a lot of good features but it made my phone slow.
Disappointed for this upgrade available on iPhone 6, should only come with iPhone 7 only.

vikgoel1992

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhone 6 to ios10 platform , i saw a lot of good features but it made my phone slow.
Disappointed for this upgrade available on iPhone 6, should only come with iPhone 7 only.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Your situation is not common. You had the option of not upgrading. Your choice.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

IOS 10 is running pretty snappy on my iPhone 5S, 6S and iPad Mini 2. I did a clean install, though on all.

lecrae

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone as soon as iOS 10 released and I loved it ever since. The messages had the biggest impression on me! They're more interactive and expressive in my opinion. They also convey more of what you're trying to say, you know how some people misinterpret a text lol. The lock screen was definitely the one thing that took a while for me to get use to. I had to keep reminding myself to click the home button in order to get to my home screen! (I later found out how to fix that) but iOS 10 is definitely with the update!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm convinced that this will never happen but why doesn't iMessages sync to all devices so that when you delete an iMessage, it deletes it from everything?
When I add an iMessage, it adds it to all devices.
Really a pain.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen