Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts

Default Maps Destination Widget

I swiped on my home screen and seemed to have hit the maps destination widget and I saw something quick before I hit it but can't remember what it said. Regardless how do I Unclick that so to say so that the widget is not always checking location and using navigation services? Am I making sense? I think I changed a setting but can't figure out how to change it back.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Default Re: Maps Destination Widget

Your phone will be polling your location all the time in the background regardless of whether or not you use that widget as long as you have location services enabled.

If you REALLY want to bring the widget back to its original state ... Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and Reset Location and Privacy

This will reset all of your customized settings and app privacy settings, however.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts

Default Re: Maps Destination Widget

I have removed the widget and now when I swipe right to see left so to say, it does not show the location services being used in my status bar. used to when I had that widget.

Turn off location services? So how would anyone use a map? Have you turned yours off?

When I hit the widget, what did I change? Can anyone tell me what it says if you don't hit it?