Switching from android

blbblb

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
How difficult is it to make the switch from android? I've used Android for about 8 years but am really drawn to the 7 plus. The one thing I'll know I'll miss is having a large clock widget on my home screen

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not difficult at all, in my opinion. Sure, there'll be some things you have to get used to and used to not having with iOS, but in a couple of days, you should be well adjusted.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
With "Move to iOS" from the Google Play Store and App Store, it works really well!

The rest is very easy too! You'll notice the awesome battery life and lack of lag above everything else.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I switched last year as well and I will never go back. Was an android girl for six years, and the horrible battery on the galaxy S6 was the deal breaker. No need to customize when everything is already beautiful.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Rather easy as Google has most apps on IOS as well. And on the top they are in many cases better made than Android counterparts.
I switched yesterday from s7e to seven plus and I can heartily recommend you do the switch as well.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With "Move to iOS" from the Google Play Store and App Store, it works really well!

The rest is very easy too! You'll notice the awesome battery life and lack of lag above everything else.
This was my experience. I switched from the Note 7 to the iPhone 6S Plus, and within a few days I actually started finding myself doing swipe gestures to go back in an app or double tapping the Home button on my Galaxy Tab S2. When my phone lasts longer than the tablet on battery as well, it says something... :)

In the process of deciding between an iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air 2 now to replace the tablet.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
This was my experience. I switched from the Note 7 to the iPhone 6S Plus, and within a few days I actually started finding myself doing swipe gestures to go back in an app or double tapping the Home button on my Galaxy Tab S2. When my phone lasts longer than the tablet on battery as well, it says something... :)

In the process of deciding between an iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air 2 now to replace the tablet.

I LOVE my iPad Air 2. It is lighter than my Nexus 7

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to download files from browsers? I know when I had a iPhone only I had to use Dolphin browser to download files off a browser, whether it be pdf, videos, music, etc. I typically carry a Samsung phone and a iPhone but considering this Note fiasco i'm gonna try and do iPhone only for a bit.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I switch back & forth once or twice a year, It's rather easy. The only thing i miss from android is the tinkering & customization. That gets boring after awhile though. I may be sticking w iOS for good now.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I switch back & forth once or twice a year, It's rather easy. The only thing i miss from android is the tinkering & customization. That gets boring after awhile though. I may be sticking w iOS for good now.

I agree with the bolded, but it's hard to agree with being on iOS for good though haha.

Rob_T

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Customization and the back button are things you might miss.

iPhone is really stable and responsive so there's that to look forward to.

John States

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I use both Android and iOS and I agree with the previous comments about customizing and tinkering but other than that they're pretty much even.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The biggest thing you'll miss is customizing your phone.

Yeah, then you'll actually USE your phone instead of changing the icons. This is the one area where I notice the differences between iPhone users and Android phone users. iPhone users USE their phones and Android phone users change their icons.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, then you'll actually USE your phone instead of changing the icons. This is the one area where I notice the differences between iPhone users and Android phone users. iPhone users USE their phones and Android phone users change their icons.
I find this to be an interesting comment because I have noticed that a good amount of iPhone users actually change their wallpapers frequently (no, not just a weekly basis) and they change their cases to match their outfits. Some of them change cases on a daily basis.

I remember being confused about why this is so common until I realized that it's basically the same deal.

Again, I can understand why this is said and it makes sense, just not absolute.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to download files from browsers? I know when I had a iPhone only I had to use Dolphin browser to download files off a browser, whether it be pdf, videos, music, etc. I typically carry a Samsung phone and a iPhone but considering this Note fiasco i'm gonna try and do iPhone only for a bit.
Yes, there is.
If the files are documents (word, pdf etc) or images, it usually opensnin safari and gives you an option to "open in" the app of your choice.

If the files are different formats (zip, rar etc) I usually use a files manager app lile Documents by Readdle, copy the link inside the app's browser and proceed to download.

Probably people here can suggest other ways.