Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    JM19's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

    Default Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Noticed that my mail accounts don't look the same after updating to iOS 10. Primarily in referring to threaded emails. It's just looks so weird compared to how it was before updating.

    Anyway I can get it to look how it was before? Any settings I can tweak?

    According to Apple this new update makes it easier to view emails that are part of a thread but I strongly disagree.

    Some emails I can't find or I have to click around too much to get to the one email I'm looking for.

    Somebody please help. Thank u all.
  2. #2  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    I'm sharing your frustration, and so far I couldn't find a solution. Threaded mails are a mess on iOS 10. Latest mails are supposed to be on top, but the are a lot of inconsistencies and redundancy.
  3. #3  
    doogald's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,517 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by JM19 View Post
    Noticed that my mail accounts don't look the same after updating to iOS 10. Primarily in referring to threaded emails. It's just looks so weird compared to how it was before updating.

    Anyway I can get it to look how it was before? Any settings I can tweak?.
    Settings / Mail and turn off "Organize by thread"?
  4. #4  
    hedger48's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    i agree with original poster, iOS 10 has ruined mail; nearly unusable for large strings. turning off conversations does remove the complicated mess but sacrifices the easy/clear/fast conversation view that used to be.

    Please let me use the old conversation view, the new view makes long email threads impossible to view on an iphone. I never felt the need to try 3rd party mail apps but Apple really did a job on the mail app this time.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    I hate the threaded mail view as well. I really hope they address it.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    JM19's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Thank you all who have responded. I'm glad that I'm not alone here. I'm surprised that I haven't seen many more people discussing this. I really hope Apple does something about this and release an update to address this issue.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    I'm not a big fan of the threaded emails either. They don't bother me though. Leave feedback here:
    Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
  8. #8  
    bauger34's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Hoping this gets traction. Always thought email on iOS was done really well. iOS 10 ruined that with the new threaded view. Makes me miss Touchdown back when I was on Android.
    Take me back to iOS 9!
    eyecrispy likes this.
  9. #9  
    MaxSmarties's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    579 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the threaded emails either. They don't bother me though. Leave feedback here:
    Feedback
    Feedback - iPhone - Apple
    As usual I gave them feedback....
  10. #10  
    atrium2016's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Hiya, I share the frustrations fully. The thread function was much better in the 9-version.
    I wanted to write feedback to
    Feedback - iPhone - Apple
    but Version 10.0.2 is not even given as an option in the pre-defined list of software versions. Did the Version escape by mistake?
  11. #11  
    nsharleygirl's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atrium2016 View Post
    Hiya, I share the frustrations fully. The thread function was much better in the 9-version.
    I wanted to write feedback to
    Feedback - iPhone - Apple
    but Version 10.0.2 is not even given as an option in the pre-defined list of software versions. Did the Version escape by mistake?
    I can not use the email as it is after the update.
    I am now looking for a new mail app.
    Any suggestions?

    I need to have a user friendly email for reading threads.

    Thank you

    You can now complain about iOS 10. The option is available.
    Last edited by firedept10; 09-30-2016 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Thread Clean Up
  12. #12  
    Rene Ritchie's Avatar
    iMore Actual

    Posts
    1,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    People hate change. If it had been the other way around, and Apple changed it, we'd likely hate the way it used to be.

    It took me about a week to get used to it. I haven't bothered to change it back. I don't think I will. It seems to result in me missing fewer emails that I used to especially the ones I got lost in threads.

    If it really bothers you, go into settings, mail, and tweak some of the toggles.

    Go back-and-forth and see if you can find a configuration you really like.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_i6s like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    People hate change. If it had been the other way around, and Apple changed it, we'd likely hate the way it used to be.

    It took me about a week to get used to it. I haven't bothered to change it back. I don't think I will. It seems to result in me missing fewer emails that I used to especially the ones I got lost in threads.

    If it really bothers you, go into settings, mail, and tweak some of the toggles.

    Go back-and-forth and see if you can find a configuration you really like.
    I don't hate change, but the text on emails now is so tiny it's not usable.
  14. #14  
    Carey S's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    To fix this go to Settings
    Choose Mail
    Under the Threading section turn ON "Most recent messages on top" and turn OFF "Organize by thread".
    Annie_i6s likes this.
  15. #15  
    lynnliss123's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    I hate this new format, and agree with all of the other posts on this thread stating the same. Thank you for starting a thread on this awfully frustrating experience of which you can't turn the format back to to before, other than just turning off threads all together. I've noticed the same issues, I have to search through the entire chain to find particularly emails, I have a hard time replying sometimes to one particular email and then sometimes the most recent email doesn't even show up in the right place. It's all incredibly frustrating and I'm definitely going to send my complaints and hope for a fix from apple. Thanks! Lynn
    eyecrispy likes this.
  16. #16  
    Mongo MF's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    IMHO This is clearly the worst iOS upgrade...more than just the MAIL app which as others have stated is no longer useful to me. Duplicates are shown, it isnt obvious that an email was sent. Frustrated is not sufficient in describing the user experience. I've never needed to know before...is there a method to revert back to iOS 9.x
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    JM19's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo MF View Post
    IMHO This is clearly the worst iOS upgrade...more than just the MAIL app which as others have stated is no longer useful to me. Duplicates are shown, it isnt obvious that an email was sent. Frustrated is not sufficient in describing the user experience. I've never needed to know before...is there a method to revert back to iOS 9.x
    U can revert back to iOS 9 but you have to have a backup of your iPhone while it was still running 9. Then you would restore the device using that backup.
  18. #18  
    Owen007's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Yes. Apple has really messed up threaded mail. I seriously doubt they care enough to fix this. Don't hold your breath... So, can anybody suggest a really good 3rd party email utility please? Thx!!!
  19. #19  
    redbirdsfan's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by nsharleygirl View Post
    I can not use the email as it is after the update.
    I am now looking for a new mail app.
    Any suggestions?

    I need to have a user friendly email for reading threads.

    Thank you

    You can now complain about iOS 10. The option is available.
    Outlook is a pretty solid app
    soulenigma likes this.
  20. #20  
    doogald's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,517 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Owen007 View Post
    Yes. Apple has really messed up threaded mail. I seriously doubt they care enough to fix this. Don't hold your breath... So, can anybody suggest a really good 3rd party email utility please? Thx!!!
    Outlook and Airmail are good. I use gmail, so I use the Google In Box and stock Gmail apps. Threads are great in those apps...
  21. #21  
    Owen007's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Outlook and Airmail are good. I use gmail, so I use the Google In Box and stock Gmail apps. Threads are great in those apps...
  22. #22  
    Owen007's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Actually, I am looking for an app that would replace the Apple email app and use my apple email ID with out having to get an Outlook or gmail account. Let the search begin 😄
  23. #23  
    doogald's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,517 Global Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Owen007 View Post
    Actually, I am looking for an app that would replace the Apple email app and use my apple email ID with out having to get an Outlook or gmail account. Let the search begin
    Yep, both will allow you to add an iCloud account. (Meaning the Outlook email app - it's not just for Outlook or exchange accounts - or Airmail.)
  24. #24  
    dennis_stenbakk's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    How do i take away the clear color one the top Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10-imoreappimg_20161007_132446.jpg
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Owen007 View Post
    Yes. Apple has really messed up threaded mail. I seriously doubt they care enough to fix this. Don't hold your breath... So, can anybody suggest a really good 3rd party email utility please? Thx!!!
    I hope you're wrong. I thought another member here said that they got confirmation from Apple that it's being looked at.

    Unfortunately, i can't use a 3rd party app for mail as it's blocked by my work. Ugh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody regret upgrading from 6s plus to a 7 plus?
    By gmkc08 in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-27-2016, 12:19 AM
  2. Chippee Bubble - game for ios
    By gamereview in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 10:33 PM
  3. I am trying to remove MacOS Sierra beta
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2016, 11:11 PM
  4. how to get my music back once i have joined family shairing
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM
  5. Beats Solo3 Wireless, PowerBeats3, and BeatsX Review Thread
    By AustinIllini in forum Beats Headphones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2016, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions