iOS 10.1 Public Beta 4 now available

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Be careful about puting beta 10.1 on your 6s if you are selling it for a 7 because it won't let the current "older" software restor the phone unless it has 10.1. Any easy way to get it back to 10.0.2?

Glad it worked out but couldn't you have installed the public beta on the new phone and then restore?

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Glad it worked out but couldn't you have installed the public beta on the new phone and then restore?
You're probably right, i was ready to send my phone to the new owner and was panicking and didn't think of that lol. I had it in my mind that you couldn't go back a software version easily.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
27 replies later... Can anybody tell us what the 10.1 beta brings to the table? Bug fixes? New features? Portrait Mode?

Usually the Update screen tells you what a given Update is all about. So far, there's nothing prompting me to download the beta token. I'll probably just wait for the Official Release.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10.1 Public Beta 1 now available

27 replies later... Can anybody tell us what the 10.1 beta brings to the table? Bug fixes? New features? Portrait Mode?

Usually the Update screen tells you what a given Update is all about. So far, there's nothing prompting me to download the beta token. I'll probably just wait for the Official Release.

Bug fixes and portrait mode for the 7 Plus. There have also been rumblings of improved memory management that takes better advantage of the apparent 3 GB RAM found in the 7 and 7 Plus.

How stable is the beta? Battery life??

Seems stable with no noticeable impact to battery life. Seems like more of a service release to me.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How stable is the beta? Battery life??

I've had two spontaneous restarts with this beta - one just last night. I had one time when the phone was unresponsive when I plugged the battery case into power. (Removing the phone from the battery case and replacing it fixed that one.)

Battery life is fine. (Of course it's hard to say when using the battery case, but I always have one day a week without it, and it was fine that day.)

These issues for me could have nothing to do with the beta - may be just one of those things that would have happened with 10.0.1 or 10.0.2 as well.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had two spontaneous restarts with this beta - one just last night. I had one time when the phone was unresponsive when I plugged the battery case into power. (Removing the phone from the battery case and replacing it fixed that one.)

Battery life is fine. (Of course it's hard to say when using the battery case, but I always have one day a week without it, and it was fine that day.)

These issues for me could have nothing to do with the beta - may be just one of those things that would have happened with 10.0.1 or 10.0.2 as well.
I tried to file Feedback (it is still "compressing", along with the two issues I tried to file on iOS 10.0, so, I guess they were never sent..). But "Dark Sky", which I installed last week, showed up a lot in the crash logs, so I just uninstalled it. Let's see if that helps.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm using beta 10.1 with my 7, not sure if it's either the phone or the Beta but it does have problems connecting to my cars factory VW bluetooth automatically. Out of say 10 times 5 times it won't.... Apple need to fix this :-/

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using beta 10.1 with my 7, not sure if it's either the phone or the Beta but it does have problems connecting to my cars factory VW bluetooth automatically. Out of say 10 times 5 times it won't.... Apple need to fix this :-/

Having no issues auto connecting to my Toyota Camry stock radio via Bluetooth

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It's a now known firmware issue, I am hoping to see changes soon. When I started my diagnostics with Apple they noticed the BT issue right away. But there were other issues with my phone, so it's been changed out. However talking to Apple they are getting more and more issues with BT connectivity. Hope we get a fix soon. I have to still turn off BT forget the device and reconnect.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
It's a now known firmware issue, I am hoping to see changes soon. When I started my diagnostics with Apple they noticed the BT issue right away. But there were other issues with my phone, so it's been changed out. However talking to Apple they are getting more and more issues with BT connectivity. Hope we get a fix soon. I have to still turn off BT forget the device and reconnect.

So you reckon a software update may fix this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro