Developer iOS 10.1 beta 4 now available

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Developer iOS 10.1 beta 1 now available

Wait so 7 Plus users can only use the camera while holding the phone horizontally?

Portrait mode refers to the style of shooting where the subject is clear but the background is blurred.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

So far so good. No issues to report. The portrait photo mode it pretty neat and I am sure it will improve as the betas progress.

Ospot

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Looks like they're trying to "fix" message effects with reduce motion. I can do this but still can't send or view. Anyone else?
View attachment 112034

I can't send or view with this setting as well? It may have something to do with the built in auto-play messages. For example, if someone sends you a 'Happy Birthday' you will automatically get a screen full of balloons without the sender actually selecting the balloon screen? Not sure but will have to test.

Last edited:

matt8823

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

There is also a beta feature for visual voicemail. It transcribes the message so you can read it instead of listening to it. Worked well and everything was correct for me.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

There is also a beta feature for visual voicemail. It transcribes the message so you can read it instead of listening to it. Worked well and everything was correct for me.

That's been around for a while and is available on iOS 10 now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I can't send or view with this setting as well? It may have something to do with the built in auto-play messages. For example, if someone sends you a 'Happy Birthday' you will automatically get a screen full of balloons without the sender actually selecting the balloon screen? Not sure but will have to test.

Could be! Based on what I've read on twitter (search reduce motion) not many people are happy about this feature being tied together.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Could be! Based on what I've read on twitter (search reduce motion) not many people are happy about this feature being tied together.

I don't understand why it has to be off in order to get the iMessage features. All of the iMessage features worked just fine in the Beta's up until like beta 5 and Apple decided to make "Reduce Motion>Off" the only way to get the iMessage effects. To me it just seems like they want people using the zoom feature for whatever reason.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't understand why it has to be off in order to get the iMessage features. All of the iMessage features worked just fine in the Beta's up until like beta 5 and Apple decided to make "Reduce Motion>Off" the only way to get the iMessage effects. To me it just seems like they want people using the zoom feature for whatever reason.

Not sure. I'm hoping they change it back. Maybe they had people complain about motion ?\_(ツ)_/?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Did I miss this in an old beta or is it new to 10.1? I noticed that turning the volume down by using the button will no longer go to silent mode. It will remain at one volume bar.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Did I miss this in an old beta or is it new to 10.1? I noticed that turning the volume down by using the button will no longer go to silent mode. It will remain at one volume bar.

It's you, not me
But it goes straight to mute if you go volume down to the end.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Im experiencing this same issue. and my keyboard volume is really low but other system sounds are fine.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I notice with video too, at least in Snapchat.

My keyboard sounds have always been low. They were louder on my 6s plus. At 4 bars volume level, I could hear the clicks and delete sounds. Can't hear it on my 7 plus unless I hold it up to my ear. All other system sounds are loud though. Volume bar only goes down to 1, not mute - 10.1 beta.