Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

222 Posts

Default Restoring from backup problems?

I downloaded iOS 10 onto my iPhone 6S Plus when it came out, backed it up Friday morning, and then used the backup to setup my new iPhone 7 Plus on Friday. My app STILL haven't downloaded! The only way the apps are downloading is by me tapping them one by one...and I have a lot of apps. I also tried to download my favorite playlist - I have iTunes Match, but not Apple Music - and that doesn't seem to be working either. Is anyone else running into these issues? Any suggestions?

Default Re: Restoring from backup problems?

I had trouble restoring my backup on my 7 twice. Once Friday night and had to reset the device and start again. And a second time today at the Apple Store when I swapped phones. Two other guys there had issues as well. I think it's an iOS 10 issue. You should reset your device and start over and restore from there.
    simplylaurakb likes this.

Default Re: Restoring from backup problems?

I had the apps not downloading happen to me too. I have over 140 apps and I just tapped 5 or so of them and that triggered the downloading of all of them.

After your apps are downloaded try downloading your favorite playlist again.
    simplylaurakb likes this.