Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Issue with background app refresh

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I have been having over the last couple of days with my ip7+. I have background app refresh set to on and I have two apps toggled to the on position and the rest toggled off. I have noticed several times that I will check the settings and find that all of my apps are toggled on.

I set up the phone as a new phone when I received it on Friday and did a hard reset last night and started from scratch again and the problem has come back. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to keep it from happening? Thanks
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Issue with background app refresh

Try disabling background app refresh and turn it back-on... if problem persist go to apple's website and chat with the people there.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I just had this exact problem! I thought I was going crazy.

As for a resolution, I don't think there's much you can do if the issue still persists after a wipe and setting up as new.

You can tell Apple abut your problem at http://apple.com/feedback and pray that it's fixed in the next iOS update.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

I just encounter this too

First, it won't hurt to leave those toggled on. I leave all my apps on for Background App Refresh. It helps the apps run more efficiently. Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    Or Reset All Settings?
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.