iOS 10/BMW iDrive Issues?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10 does not seem to be getting along with BMW iDrive in our 2016 X5. When I connect via USB, it sees the device at first but then disconnects and the audio starts playing from the iPhone. Bluetooth thinks it is connect via USB even when it isn't. Sometimes it will play from the phone but still display the song info on the iDrive screen. Eventually, it starts working. Same behavior both with my 6S after upgrading to 10 and with my new iPhone 7.

Ironically, it seems to work a bit better than before on our other car, a Cadillac with CUE.

Anyone else seeing this?

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I tweeted Apple about a minor similar problem
I have a 2015 Acura TLX/Tech/ELS; when ITunes starts, it pauses after a few seconds, through Bluetooth Audio, ONLY!
After restarting, it's fine; when you listen through headphones on my IPhone 64GB/SE, there's zero problem
Probably a handshake issue with Acura; no biggie, just annoying

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone made any progress with this? Definitely an iOS 10 issue; a number of people in the BMW forum are reporting the same problem. My 2016 Cadillac does the same thing, too, but not as frequently.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not just a BMW or Caddy issue, it's an iOS issue as you mentioned. We're all waiting for an update. Maybe 10.0.3 or maybe 10.1 not sure.

Sparkie2005

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
My Iphone 7 randomly makes phone calls from my 2015 BMW, disconnects from itunes and locks up a lot. A total phone reboot and a new pairing is required to get it to work a little. IOS 10.0.2 apparently has a problem with Bluetooth 4.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Iphone 7 randomly makes phone calls from my 2015 BMW, disconnects from itunes and locks up a lot. A total phone reboot and a new pairing is required to get it to work a little. IOS 10.0.2 apparently has a problem with Bluetooth 4.

BT problems are a known issue. The BMW forums are abuzz with this issue. It's effecting many car systems and other BT parings. Apple is working on a fix, we hope to see it in 10.1. I know it got better in Beta 10.1 Beta 2, but got worse for some in 10.1 Beta 3. Let's see what this week brings. For now, the only fix is what you're already doing. Turn off the BT, delete the device and re-pair again.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I tweeted Apple about a minor similar problem
I have a 2015 Acura TLX/Tech/ELS; when ITunes starts, it pauses after a few seconds, through Bluetooth Audio, ONLY!
After restarting, it's fine; when you listen through headphones on my IPhone 64GB/SE, there's zero problem
Probably a handshake issue with Acura; no biggie, just annoying

Same issue here. I have an Acura ILX and the phone did the same exact thing.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 does not seem to be getting along with BMW iDrive in our 2016 X5. When I connect via USB, it sees the device at first but then disconnects and the audio starts playing from the iPhone. Bluetooth thinks it is connect via USB even when it isn't. Sometimes it will play from the phone but still display the song info on the iDrive screen. Eventually, it starts working. Same behavior both with my 6S after upgrading to 10 and with my new iPhone 7.

Ironically, it seems to work a bit better than before on our other car, a Cadillac with CUE.

Anyone else seeing this?

I drive a C class and I find my dash stops controlling the music and podcasts on iPhone 7 plus (did the same on my 6s). I have to control music from control centre after a few minute when it connects to my car via Bluetooth. I don't use my phone for music in the car via USB so I haven't had that experience. Glad to know I'm not alone in the world with this connectivity issue with Bluetooth. Hopefully apple fixes it in an update

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2