Battery life on 10.0.1

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Great battery life. I never swipe apps from Multitasking (they're in a suspended state, so do not eat battery during that time)... I allow the OS to operate as intended, and shared location is on.

sillar68

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It's because you restored. Most times that has a productive affect on battery life.

didn't know that. what procedure should I follow to not have a productive affect on battery life? Right now, I only have my phone backed up on itunes locally on my computer.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
didn't know that. what procedure should I follow to not have a productive affect on battery life? Right now, I only have my phone backed up on itunes locally on my computer.
I think he's implying you wiped your phone, installed the OS cleanly, then restored your settings and apps. If so, then an "unproductive" effect would be to do an OTA update from 9.x to 10 without a wipe.

In theory, but not always in practice, an update can have detrimental effects on the device because of legacy components that stay in place.

My main reasons for doing a wipe/install/restore were:
1. I had the time.
2. Were I to run into issues later, I could dismiss a number of concerns because nothing had been updated/upgraded.
3. Updates typically take up more storage space than clean installs.
4. After 15 years managing Windows, macOS, Solaris, Red Hat, Android, and yes, iOS, I found that a full wipe leaves the system more stable, thus avoiding potential issues down the road.

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Battery life sucks on mines. iPhone 6 Plus iOS 10.1. I deleted the GM profile cause my phone was laggy. But from 5am-6am I went from 100% to 90 % without touching my phone. So help ?

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Getting about 8 hours of usage time on 10.0.1 on my 6s Plus...does that seem like an ok battery run time to you guys ?
The phone is about a year old and I am a pretty heavy user.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... today I did well; took an hour before I got down to 99% -- at 98% about 3 hours later (I've barely used the phone... couple of texts, deleted an email, one quick 2 minute phone call).That's still not too bad... of course, I came from the Nexus 5 (not 5x), which had terrible battery life, so on the 6s I feel like it'll never run down!Yup -- my first day after install I still expected everything to be screwy (it kinda was)... and forget install day! :)

I just came from a Nexus 5 too lol (still have it as a backup). I just traded my 6 for an SE (and only had to include 35 with it, an amazing deal because the SE still has warranty). The battery life is definitely better on this, but it could've just been because of the 6's age as well. I swear the changes started for me at 9.3.3, but it got even worse after 10. I could usually make it to a next day (without charging) with around 70% (with very light usage). We'll see today with the SE, it's my first day at work with it...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm very disappointed with my sharp decrease in battery life since"upgrading" to the GM iOS 10.1.1 build. Instead of ending my workday with 40% charge or better...now I'm looking for a charger a couple hours before I get off. Grrrrr!

Come on, Apple!

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've reset as new and reinstalled all the apps and now it lasts an hour longer - think that's a final solution for all who have seen a drop after the update - working really well now :)

sillar68

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think he's implying you wiped your phone, installed the OS cleanly, then restored your settings and apps. If so, then an "unproductive" effect would be to do an OTA update from 9.x to 10 without a wipe.

In theory, but not always in practice, an update can have detrimental effects on the device because of legacy components that stay in place.

My main reasons for doing a wipe/install/restore were:
1. I had the time.
2. Were I to run into issues later, I could dismiss a number of concerns because nothing had been updated/upgraded.
3. Updates typically take up more storage space than clean installs.
4. After 15 years managing Windows, macOS, Solaris, Red Hat, Android, and yes, iOS, I found that a full wipe leaves the system more stable, thus avoiding potential issues down the road.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured that's what the poster was referring to. I wiped my phone, installed 10.0.1 and restored my phone Sunday. It seems to be stable now, but I did have LTE shut off for a few hours yesterday. It may have been a carrier thing.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up. I figured that's what the poster was referring to. I wiped my phone, installed 10.0.1 and restored my phone Sunday. It seems to be stable now, but I did have LTE shut off for a few hours yesterday. It may have been a carrier thing.
Are you on T-Mobile? They had an issue where it would drop LTE and not get it back, although Carrier version 25.2 was supposed to take care of it (did not happen on my 6s, nor on my mom's 5s -- both on T-Mo).

gelz092

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I decided to try ios 10.0.2 from ios 9.3.5 by first backing up my phone with encryption, formatting my phone, upgrading, then restoring.
It did not drain my phone during sleep at all. I am still observing if it could last for a normal use of 8 hours.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Just updated to 10.0.2 hoping for some battery drain help...but still much worse than with iOS9 was as its worst. I really like the added features of iOS10...but this battery issue, not so much at all!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR