How to get Siri to dial number from my CONTACTS and not the web?
iOS 10 has been great except for one issue I am having with Siri.
I have a number in my phone book called Blah Blah Youth Agency (Blah Blah in place of real name). On iOS 9, I would say to Siri "Call Blah Blah Youth Agency" and it would dial the number from my contacts. Now, when I say that, it pulls a number from the web, for that place, which is NOT the number that I need to be calling.
How the heck do I get it to look at my contacts FIRST before going to the web? I know I can change the name in my contacts but I really shouldn't have to when it worked before.
- 09-15-2016, 08:45 PM #2
Re: How to get Siri to dial number from my CONTACTS and not the web?
I have no clue why I never tried just the word "contact" there. Thanks. That did it. I kept trying "Call from my contacts" and it was clueless.
To me though, it should always look at your contacts first, before looking at the web and this seemed to be the way it worked on iOS 9, since I never needed to add the word "contact" before.
- 09-15-2016, 09:53 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2016, 11:21 PM
- By PeteLP in forum CarPlayReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2016, 06:19 PM
- By wdfly in forum iOS 10Replies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2016, 08:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2016, 08:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2016, 06:31 PM