I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5s, new, and have a good battery life with iOS9.
I installed iOS10 beta and battery life sucks, so I installed iOS9 again.
Then I waited a few weeks and installed iOS10 GM, and battery sucks again, so I went back to 9 again.
Yesterday I installed iOS10 official with iTunes, and: battery life still sucks.

I don't understand, it's just my phone with this problem? I really like the iOS10 and want keep with it, but, today I charged the phone twice...
My settings are just like with iOS9, and with 10 I deleted 3 mailboxes and turned off weather widget.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is always worse in the first 2 days. After iOS 10 is fully settled and all background processes are finished, you will get the same battery life as in iOS 9.3.5.

You're saying you put iOS 10 official release on your phone yesterday and decided to go back. That is way too little time to know battery life is worse.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is always worse in the first 2 days. After iOS 10 is fully settled and all background processes are finished, you will get the same battery life as in iOS 9.3.5.

You're saying you put iOS 10 official release on your phone yesterday and decided to go back. That is way too little time to know battery life is worse.

Now you made me think if I install 9 or wait (I was clicking shift+restore)

sir mictol

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of going back to 9.3.5 too because of the battery life. It really does suck. I'll give it a week
6s+ 64gb

Erase everything on your device and restore; i have an iphone 5s and it runs perfectly and the battery life is better than my 9.3.5

Posted via the iMore App

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
You should have stayed ios 10 for 12 hours cuz when you first installed a firmware , the background apps get crazy but after 12 hours everything returns normal. I have 5S too and i don't have a problem with ios 10

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You should have stayed ios 10 for 12 hours cuz when you first installed a firmware , the background apps get crazy but after 12 hours everything returns normal. I have 5S too and i don't have a problem with ios 10

And you had battery problems in the first day? I really like iOS 10, a lot, but I returned to 9.3.5...

Mustafaozcan33

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
And you had battery problems in the first day? I really like iOS 10, a lot, but I returned to 9.3.5...

Yeah i had battery problems in the first day but 12 hours later problem is solved. I had battery problems on all ios versions but it solved somehow i dunno how it solved but having battery trouble is normal when you first installed a firmware

sir mictol

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Battery problem is going to vary depending upon the amount of data on your device, the new os simply tries to index your old data with itself resulting in battery drain, all you need to do is let the os run its course. It will stabilise (battery) when the indexing is complete

Posted via the iMore App

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Battery problem is going to vary depending upon the amount of data on your device, the new os simply tries to index your old data with itself resulting in battery drain, all you need to do is let the os run its course. It will stabilise (battery) when the indexing is complete
If I knew this will really work I'll install iOS 10 immediately. In not telling it won't, but I installed it 4 times before. I'm tired of reinstall all my apps and emails and other configs...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If I knew this will really work I'll install iOS 10 immediately. In not telling it won't, but I installed it 4 times before. I'm tired of reinstall all my apps and emails and other configs...

sir mictol is correct. It's common for the battery to behave this way with a new large OS release. Generally it is best practice when the new release is large in enough in such a way that there's been a ton of new changes that you should do a fresh install (completely wipe the phone and set it up as new with the new update, and then manually re-install apps).

Sometimes, but not always, when you overwrite a new update over the top of the previous you will get files that do not overwrite correctly, which can exacerbate the battery drain, cause some apps to crash, or cause some apps to behave in ways that they normally wouldn't.

I recommend a fresh install and redo all of your stuff manually without reinstalling from backup. Give it a solid week to let things settle.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
For those stating that after a few days it should settle down because of background processes and such, put your money where your mouth and use some official citations proving your point. Not just commonly agreed upon conjecture.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2