Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Tartarus
  • 1 Post By dchandler
  • 1 Post By gelz092
  • 2 Post By Mustafaozcan33
  • 1 Post By sir mictol
  • 1 Post By Sherry_B
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    fabio984's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    I have a 5s, new, and have a good battery life with iOS9.
    I installed iOS10 beta and battery life sucks, so I installed iOS9 again.
    Then I waited a few weeks and installed iOS10 GM, and battery sucks again, so I went back to 9 again.
    Yesterday I installed iOS10 official with iTunes, and: battery life still sucks.

    I don't understand, it's just my phone with this problem? I really like the iOS10 and want keep with it, but, today I charged the phone twice...
    My settings are just like with iOS9, and with 10 I deleted 3 mailboxes and turned off weather widget.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Battery life is always worse in the first 2 days. After iOS 10 is fully settled and all background processes are finished, you will get the same battery life as in iOS 9.3.5.

    You're saying you put iOS 10 official release on your phone yesterday and decided to go back. That is way too little time to know battery life is worse.
    fabio984 and kch50428 like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    fabio984's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Battery life is always worse in the first 2 days. After iOS 10 is fully settled and all background processes are finished, you will get the same battery life as in iOS 9.3.5.

    You're saying you put iOS 10 official release on your phone yesterday and decided to go back. That is way too little time to know battery life is worse.
    Now you made me think if I install 9 or wait (I was clicking shift+restore)
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    Now you made me think if I install 9 or wait (I was clicking shift+restore)
    Give it some time. I have been using iOS 10 since the keynote in June on both an iPhone 5s and a 6 and have yet to see mentionable decrease in battery life.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    I'm not having good battery life with iOS10, the battery drains so fast.
    fabio984 likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    fabio984's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    I'm not having good battery life with iOS10, the battery drains so fast.
    It's iPhone 5s too?
  7. #7  
    gelz092's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    I'm not having good battery life with iOS10, the battery drains so fast.
    I'm thinking of going back to 9.3.5 too because of the battery life. It really does suck. I'll give it a week
    6s+ 64gb
    fabio984 likes this.
  8. #8  
    sir mictol's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by gelz092 View Post
    I'm thinking of going back to 9.3.5 too because of the battery life. It really does suck. I'll give it a week
    6s+ 64gb
    Erase everything on your device and restore; i have an iphone 5s and it runs perfectly and the battery life is better than my 9.3.5

    Posted via the iMore App
  9. #9  
    gelz092's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    I did. did not get better
  10. #10  
    Mustafaozcan33's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    You should have stayed ios 10 for 12 hours cuz when you first installed a firmware , the background apps get crazy but after 12 hours everything returns normal. I have 5S too and i don't have a problem with ios 10
    Tartarus and scruffypig like this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    fabio984's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafaozcan33 View Post
    You should have stayed ios 10 for 12 hours cuz when you first installed a firmware , the background apps get crazy but after 12 hours everything returns normal. I have 5S too and i don't have a problem with ios 10
    And you had battery problems in the first day? I really like iOS 10, a lot, but I returned to 9.3.5...
  12. #12  
    Mustafaozcan33's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    And you had battery problems in the first day? I really like iOS 10, a lot, but I returned to 9.3.5...
    Yeah i had battery problems in the first day but 12 hours later problem is solved. I had battery problems on all ios versions but it solved somehow i dunno how it solved but having battery trouble is normal when you first installed a firmware
  13. #13  
    sir mictol's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    And you had battery problems in the first day? I really like iOS 10, a lot, but I returned to 9.3.5...
    Battery problem is going to vary depending upon the amount of data on your device, the new os simply tries to index your old data with itself resulting in battery drain, all you need to do is let the os run its course. It will stabilise (battery) when the indexing is complete

    Posted via the iMore App
    fabio984 likes this.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    fabio984's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by sir mictol View Post
    Battery problem is going to vary depending upon the amount of data on your device, the new os simply tries to index your old data with itself resulting in battery drain, all you need to do is let the os run its course. It will stabilise (battery) when the indexing is complete
    If I knew this will really work I'll install iOS 10 immediately. In not telling it won't, but I installed it 4 times before. I'm tired of reinstall all my apps and emails and other configs...
  15. #15  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    If I knew this will really work I'll install iOS 10 immediately. In not telling it won't, but I installed it 4 times before. I'm tired of reinstall all my apps and emails and other configs...

    sir mictol is correct. It's common for the battery to behave this way with a new large OS release. Generally it is best practice when the new release is large in enough in such a way that there's been a ton of new changes that you should do a fresh install (completely wipe the phone and set it up as new with the new update, and then manually re-install apps).

    Sometimes, but not always, when you overwrite a new update over the top of the previous you will get files that do not overwrite correctly, which can exacerbate the battery drain, cause some apps to crash, or cause some apps to behave in ways that they normally wouldn't.

    I recommend a fresh install and redo all of your stuff manually without reinstalling from backup. Give it a solid week to let things settle.
    fabio984 likes this.
  16. #16  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,710 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

    Default Re: I love iOS10 but I'm going back to 9.3.5 (downloading now)...

    For those stating that after a few days it should settle down because of background processes and such, put your money where your mouth and use some official citations proving your point. Not just commonly agreed upon conjecture.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 03:08 PM
  2. Still can't see the back bubble effect messages
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 01:13 PM
  3. How to view recently closed tabs in Safari on your iPhone or iPad
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 06:43 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions