- iMore Intermediate
- 306 Posts
Raise to wake tied to new Home Button behavior - too bad
After trying it for a day I really like the old way of just holding my thumb over the Home key so Touch ID unlocks the phone - its really fast (which some don't like), and if I don't want to unlock the phone I just click the home button with another finger. That;s just me, everyone is different. But I love the raise to wake feature!
So I turned on the setting to get the old Home button behavior back, and low and behold I lost the raise to wake feature. It would be so nice to raise the phone and see it wake, look at notifications, and just touch the Home button to unlock without having to press it. Oh well.
- 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM #2
- 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM #3
- 09-14-2016, 02:03 PM #4
- 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM #5iMore Intermediate
- 400 Posts
Re: Raise to wake tied to new Home Button behavior - too bad
Found this on another site
Rest Finger to Open is disabled by default but it is easy to turn it on. Here’s what to do:
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to the General -> Accessibility menu.
- Choose Home Button.
- Flick the toggle next to “Rest Finger to Open” so it is enabled.
- Now, when your iPhone is on the lock screen you can just place your finger onto the Touch ID sensor. The iPhone or iPad will then authenticate using Touch ID and unlock the phone. Without Raise to Wake, it’s one button press to make the screen light up then the device unlocks near instantaneously.
- 09-14-2016, 02:50 PM #6
- 09-14-2016, 03:11 PM #7
- 09-14-2016, 03:45 PM #9
- 09-14-2016, 04:06 PM #10
- By chrisoldroyd in forum watchOSReplies: 13Last Post: 09-19-2016, 02:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2016, 04:25 PM
- By RawisTheGameHhH in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 6Last Post: 09-14-2016, 01:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
- By n2renow in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-14-2016, 12:00 PM