After trying it for a day I really like the old way of just holding my thumb over the Home key so Touch ID unlocks the phone - its really fast (which some don't like), and if I don't want to unlock the phone I just click the home button with another finger. That;s just me, everyone is different. But I love the raise to wake feature!

So I turned on the setting to get the old Home button behavior back, and low and behold I lost the raise to wake feature. It would be so nice to raise the phone and see it wake, look at notifications, and just touch the Home button to unlock without having to press it. Oh well.
    09-14-2016 01:44 PM
    Have you checked if the Raise To Wake feature is still enabled?

Because I tried with the home button and both ways work with Raise To Wake.
    09-14-2016 01:46 PM
    I have that enabled and still have raise to wake enabled(and working). Did you disable it by accident maybe?
    09-14-2016 01:46 PM
    Something is turned off, mine does the complete opposite of the OP
    09-14-2016 02:03 PM
    Found this on another site

Rest Finger to Open is disabled by default but it is easy to turn it on. Here’s what to do:

• Open Settings.
    • Navigate to the General -> Accessibility menu.
    • Choose Home Button.
    • Flick the toggle next to “Rest Finger to Open” so it is enabled.
    • Now, when your iPhone is on the lock screen you can just place your finger onto the Touch ID sensor. The iPhone or iPad will then authenticate using Touch ID and unlock the phone. Without Raise to Wake, it’s one button press to make the screen light up then the device unlocks near instantaneously.
    ChamNG likes this.
    09-14-2016 02:08 PM
    i wish raise to wake was available on iPhone 6 plus
    09-14-2016 02:50 PM
    i wish raise to wake was available on iPhone 6 plus
    Only 6S and 6S Plus forward... sorry.. certain features we can't get on the iPhone 6. Processor specific.
    09-14-2016 03:11 PM
    It's working now, I toggled the raise to wake off and on. Not sure if something was messed up or user error. Thanks all!
    09-14-2016 03:32 PM
    I went back to the "old" way as well and rise to wake works for me.
    09-14-2016 03:45 PM
    After trying it for a day I really like the old way of just holding my thumb over the Home key so Touch ID unlocks the phone - its really fast (which some don't like), and if I don't want to unlock the phone I just click the home button with another finger. That;s just me, everyone is different. But I love the raise to wake feature!

So I turned on the setting to get the old Home button behavior back, and low and behold I lost the raise to wake feature. It would be so nice to raise the phone and see it wake, look at notifications, and just touch the Home button to unlock without having to press it. Oh well.
    That's how it works for me? I have raise to wake enabled, and can just touch the home button to unlock..
    09-14-2016 04:06 PM