Notes App crashing after ios 10 upgrade.

reitveld

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Upgraded my iPhone 6s+ yesterday (10.0.1). My Notes App crashes right as it opens. Really it is right when it tries to syncs to icloud... then crashes. If I put the phone in airplane mode, then I can access my notes.

Here is what I've done already to try and fix/troubleshoot the issue:
1. I've turned my phone off and on several times with no positive results.
2. A note made using icloud via the web, does sync to the phone.
3. A note made on the phone (while in airplane mode) does not sync to icloud.
4. I synced the phone with iTunes.

reitveld

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

- Under Settings, > iCloud I turned off my link to notes. It then deleted all of the notes from my phone (scarry). I then turned back on the link to Notes.
- When opening Notes, it re-downloaded all my notes. It seems that something got corrupted and was crashing the sync/app.

I'm glad this was an easy fix... but it did take me a while to think of it.

DavidNotwa

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

- Under Settings, > iCloud I turned off my link to notes. It then deleted all of the notes from my phone (scarry). I then turned back on the link to Notes.
- When opening Notes, it re-downloaded all my notes. It seems that something got corrupted and was crashing the sync/app.

Has same problem. Found you is Google search. Same fix worked for me. No more crashing.

Mo Abou

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

Thank you for the fix! It works! You saved my life

anon(6128023)

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

Thanks for the fix - worked for me too!

ricklindsey21

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

Thanks, Solved for me as well

HJST

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Accidentally found a fix, too! I wanted to add a line to a Note I had, so I went to the iCloud website on my computer. I edited it there. Then, when I opened my Notes app on the iPhone, it stopped crashing!

Try: accessing your notes through iCloud.com.

sd122111

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Accidentally found a fix, too! I wanted to add a line to a Note I had, so I went to the iCloud website on my computer. I edited it there. Then, when I opened my Notes app on the iPhone, it stopped crashing!

Try: accessing your notes through iCloud.com.

This worked for me also!

Greg Lara

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I found I had to modify your instructions a bit. If I turned off Notes in iCloud, it would turn itself back on in a few seconds. I had to go into airplane mode first, then turn off Notes in iCloud. I checked the Notes app and it started fine, with 0 notes as expected. I waited 10 seconds or so, turned off airplane mode then turned Notes back on in iCloud and went back into the app. In a couple seconds, all my iCloud notes zipped back in, and I was able to open them fine.

martinov

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this thread. My notes was crashing on startup since the IOS 10 upgrade.

The fix for me was to simply turn on airplane mode, try to run notes, it ran fine. Then I closed notes, turned off airplane notes and ran notes again, and it worked.

Blubbii

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

Oh happy day!!! Thank you!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

It actually doesn't delete your notes when Notes is turned off in Settings > iCloud. They're just not in the Notes app. You can find them in the Notes folder in your iCloud email.

simplyctsk

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I found the fix!

Oh my god! You are a saviour. I manager mostbof my impksttnat information in Notes. Inwas really worried I couldnt access it for more than two weeks! Didn't strike of such a simple solution