Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Sicily1918
  • 1 Post By Sherry_B
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  • 1 Post By kurpaige
  • 2 Post By Wotchered
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Sicily1918's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

    Default FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Well, did a clean install of 10.0.1 (restored from iCloud) -- works great!

    Now, here's a change; iMessage (at least) will not turn the screen ON nor send a banner (even when the screen is on) if Do Not Disturb is enabled. The only way I knew that there was a message is because the little telltale red notification dot came up; of course, that was 10 minutes after the text had been received.

    Figured I'd let everyone know about this change in behavior before you miss an important message.
    tomcop likes this.
  2. #2  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicily1918 View Post
    iMessage (at least) will not turn the screen ON nor send a banner (even when the screen is on) if Do Not Disturb is enabled

    It's not supposed to.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    This is always been this way. Even on iOS 9.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  4. #4  
    kurpaige's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    That's what do not disturb means
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  5. #5  
    Wotchered's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    560 Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Shhhhhh...
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    But isn't that what you want want? Do Not Disturb
  7. #7  
    MonkeyJunky's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicily1918 View Post
    Well, did a clean install of 10.0.1 (restored from iCloud) -- works great!

    Now, here's a change; iMessage (at least) will not turn the screen ON nor send a banner (even when the screen is on) if Do Not Disturb is enabled. The only way I knew that there was a message is because the little telltale red notification dot came up; of course, that was 10 minutes after the text had been received.

    Figured I'd let everyone know about this change in behavior before you miss an important message.
    There is a setting within "Do Not Disturb" where the notifications can be silenced either while the phone is "Locked" or "Always". My guess is you have yours set to "Always". Just change that and when the phone is open and being used, notifications will come through as normal.
  8. #8  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,996 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,912 Global Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    In the DND settings you can configure so that it will play sounds while your iPhone is unlocked even if DND is enabled. It sounds to me like you have it set to be silent no matter what.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Sicily1918's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    You are correct... in iOS 9, however, the banners still showed up when in that mode (if the screen was on). They now don't show at all, so if you're surfing the web and someone texts you, the phone won't notify you of it.
  10. #10  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicily1918 View Post
    You are correct... in iOS 9, however, the banners still showed up when in that mode (if the screen was on). They now don't show at all, so if you're surfing the web and someone texts you, the phone won't notify you of it.

    It's not supposed to. It more than likely was not supposed to in version 9, which means it's fixed in 10 and working as intended.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Sicily1918's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

    Default Re: FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    It's not supposed to. It more than likely was not supposed to in version 9, which means it's fixed in 10 and working as intended.
    Ha! There you go!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 08:54 AM
  2. Why is my data gobbled up in two days?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 11:04 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 10:33 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 10:07 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions