Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

I have updated my iPhone for iOS 10 and mine is normal. Did you guys see in the settings? Or try to delete and reinstall the app again.
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts

Rebooting my phone cured the ESPN sound issue, but I somehow lost the new mail sound/vibration around the time I first installed iOS10 PB 1. Really the only issue I've had with any of the betas, and it's relatively minor. I think I might set up my iPhone 7 as a new phone if the restore doesn't solve this issue.
    iMore Nanite

Same problem here!
    iMore Nanite

Yes happened to me too.

Viber uses a distinctive two bong or bell tone so when I was in the office working around the floor I would know when my girlfriend sent a message. Now it is that ugly tri tone sound that is mixed with all the other notifications i get, flipboard and other alerts etc.

Not happy.

iMore Nanite

Try the hard reset by pressing the power and home buttons simultaneously and keep pressing them till Apple's logo appears on the screen, then release your fingers . Worked for me.
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I had the same problem and it was annoying alot, rebooting solved it ))))))))))))) thanxxxxxxx
    iMore Beginner

How many of you that's having problems updated over air? I seem to have more problems if I do big updates over air.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

The reboot didn't seem to work for me. Fortunately, what did work for me was uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that had the wrong sounds. While it is a PITA, that always fixed it. But if the app was updated, then I'd need to uninstall and reinstall it, rather than update it, for the sounds to work right again.

VERY annoying but at least there is a work around.

I'll have to try the hard reset next time and see if that works over reinstalling the app.
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Hi there! Same issue for me using WhatsApp.... tri-tone instead my bamboo sound as I used before.
    iMore Nanite

Yes, happy to say a reboot fixed it. Thanks everyone.

cheers

Dave
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Reboot your iPhone. I had the same thing happen right after I updated. I rebooted it again and all the sounds went back to normal.
    iMore Nanite

i rebooted my phone and it workedd thank u guys so muchh
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by carrickfergus View Post
    I've noticed some strange sound substitutions as well. The new ESPN app uses tri-tone instead of the mini ESPN theme (which frankly I find annoying, but at least you know what's coming in). My iMessages are fine. Haven't used What's App yet. Anyone else having the issue with ESPN?
    I am having sound issues like everyone else. Hope there's a fix soon
    iMore Nanite

i faced same and found very annoying...
    Restarting the phone is the solution for this mess...
    iMore Nanite

Yes, same here. Hate that tritone sound. How do we take back that viber alert tone?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

Quote Originally Posted by PureView View Post
    Has anyone noticed for apps like Whatsapp and FB Messenger, the messages and call notifications sounds are the same tri-tone messaging sounds from the built in iMessages app? This is very annoying.
    Actually, it's a coincidence. "Tri-tone" is not the default alert tone for built in Messaging App. The default for built in Messaging is "Note". In the phone it's referred to as Text Message.

Issue: "Tri-tone" was the default alert prior to iMessage. Many people restore their new phones from backups and for that reason "Tri-tone" has remained the Message/Text alert.

Facebook and other apps did receive "Tri-tone" as their default after iMessage came around and the default was switched to "Note".

If you go Sounds, Text Tone, you will see Note (Default) and to find Tri-tone you have to scroll down and click on Classic to get the "older" tones.

So technically it's the other way around. You are choosing to use the the tone Apple has designated for FB and other apps for your Messaging App.

Lastly, "Tri-tone" is also now the Default for New Voicemail
    Last edited by RoscosDad; 09-17-2016 at 05:06 AM.
    iMore Nanite

I had same problem with Viber, which adopt system sounds for notification. After update of Viber app option for setting of system tones for notification was gone. On my iPhone (with iOS 10) Viber app (version 6.3.1.) makes a lot of problems. I reboot my iPhone and notification sound for Viber comes back, but during typing of Viber massage my keyboard losing sound, I have not sound for massage gone, lock button have no sound.... This Viber update is disaster! I hope they will issue new update ASAP!
    iMore Nanite

Yes my ESPN notification sound is now the same as everything else. I need it back to how it was before the update!
    iMore Nanite

lol
    iMore Nanite

yes i have the same issue. how do we fix it??!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

As I mentioned in a prior post, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app with the wrongs sounds. It a PITA but it seems to always work for me.

The issue is, when the app is updated, the sound reverts back to being wrong, thus requiring the same uninstall/reinstall yet again.
    Chrisy likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I have the same problem and it's annoying as hell. FB messenger, ESPN, all of them have the same alert sounds and I hate it!
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RoscosDad View Post
    Actually, it's a coincidence. "Tri-tone" is not the default alert tone for built in Messaging App. The default for built in Messaging is "Note". In the phone it's referred to as Text Message.

Issue: "Tri-tone" was the default alert prior to iMessage. Many people restore their new phones from backups and for that reason "Tri-tone" has remained the Message/Text alert.

Facebook and other apps did receive "Tri-tone" as their default after iMessage came around and the default was switched to "Note".

If you go Sounds, Text Tone, you will see Note (Default) and to find Tri-tone you have to scroll down and click on Classic to get the "older" tones.

So technically it's the other way around. You are choosing to use the the tone Apple has designated for FB and other apps for your Messaging App.

Lastly, "Tri-tone" is also now the Default for New Voicemail
    Regardless of what tone was saved in a previous backup, no matter what you change any apps notification sound to, does not save the tone. It will always play tri-tone. The only way to change the sound is to select the new tone, and then reboot the device. Problem is, once the app is updated, the sound notification reverts to Tri-Tone. This is happening with all my email apps, FB, imessage and is happening on my iPad Pro as well. So this is an iOS10 bug, and has nothing to do with a backup.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

Yesterday all of my third party app notification sounds reverted to the stock tri-tone sound out of no where. Rebooted my phone and they went back to normal. No idea what happened.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

Ok so this morning I downloaded updates for FB messenger and Snapchat and immediately both of those notification sounds reverted to the tri-tone sound.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast