Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've not had battery life this bad since I had a Samsung.

Sat at home, on 4 bars LTE, my phone will come off charge at 10am and by 6pm it would be dead if I don't plug it in.

On iOS 9, my phone would last slightly under two days. Now, it will just about last half a day. Thank god I can plug it into my Carplay system to get some charge into it when i'm out and about.

Today I swiped right from the lockscreen to take a picture of a really nice old Stingray I found in town and the camera popped up, then the screen went black. I clicked the home button and the lockscreen came up. This time, nothing worked. I couldn't unlock the phone, swipe left or right. I had to force restart the phone to get it to work.

Also, Every. Single. Time. I connect my phone to my Carplay, I have to unplug it and replug it back in as the first time, the car reports back that the device is incompatible with carplay. I never had this issue at all under iOS 9. I'm using an Apple Cable in good condition. Sometimes, when I receive a call whilst connected to Carplay, the screen goes black and the Maps function stops working.

Also, sometimes when I am listening to music in my car from a USB stick and I receive a call, or Siri gives me a GPS direction, when the voice direction prompt has finished, my phone reverts to Apple Music, not my USB stick. I change it back to the USB and when I receive another course update from Apple maps, it reverts right back to Apple Music again...

And another... Sometimes when I wake my phone up, Apple Music is showing on my lockscreen. I don't actually listen to music on my phone and the only time music plays through it is when the Carplay craps out, as above. However, the two problems do not coincide with each other. I am seriously considering deleting the Music app altogether until this issue is fixed.

Basically, whilst iOS10 has lots of really neat functions, for me, it is a buggy pile of trash and if I could revert to iOS9, I would in a heartbeat.

However, I only have my 6 for another week then I should get my 7+ if my T-Mo estimate is correct.

I reported most, if not all, of these issues via the feedback assistant when I was on the public beta, however, the feedback assistant was also a buggy mess and sometimes, it just sat my feedback as 'compressing' and despite leaving it for weeks and weeks, it never sent. No matter what I tried to do, some of the options in the feedback assistant just did not work.

carl2015

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all I installed ios10 and had massive issues I ended up with a bricked device I spent hours trying to work out how fix it I followed this video I found and my device works perfectly now http://Youtu.be/Npya8hDIEQQ

Thought I would share incase anyone else has a bricked device mine was totally un working I thought it was going in the bin hope this helps others in the same situation

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I installed ios10 and had massive issues I ended up with a bricked device I spent hours trying to work out how fix it I followed this video I found and my device works perfectly now http://Youtu.be/Npya8hDIEQQ

Thought I would share incase anyone else has a bricked device mine was totally un working I thought it was going in the bin hope this helps others in the same situation

thank you very much,.It will help the needy. But I don`t think that now anyone is facing the bricked iphone problem as that was already solved within hours of the release by apple

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Sat at home, on 4 bars LTE, my phone will come off charge at 10am and by 6pm it would be dead if I don't plug it in.

On iOS 9, my phone would last slightly under two days. Now, it will just about last half a day. Thank god I can plug it into my Carplay system to get some charge into it when i'm out and about.

Today I swiped right from the lockscreen to take a picture of a really nice old Stingray I found in town and the camera popped up, then the screen went black. I clicked the home button and the lockscreen came up. This time, nothing worked. I couldn't unlock the phone, swipe left or right. I had to force restart the phone to get it to work.

Also, Every. Single. Time. I connect my phone to my Carplay, I have to unplug it and replug it back in as the first time, the car reports back that the device is incompatible with carplay. I never had this issue at all under iOS 9. I'm using an Apple Cable in good condition. Sometimes, when I receive a call whilst connected to Carplay, the screen goes black and the Maps function stops working.

Also, sometimes when I am listening to music in my car from a USB stick and I receive a call, or Siri gives me a GPS direction, when the voice direction prompt has finished, my phone reverts to Apple Music, not my USB stick. I change it back to the USB and when I receive another course update from Apple maps, it reverts right back to Apple Music again...

And another... Sometimes when I wake my phone up, Apple Music is showing on my lockscreen. I don't actually listen to music on my phone and the only time music plays through it is when the Carplay craps out, as above. However, the two problems do not coincide with each other. I am seriously considering deleting the Music app altogether until this issue is fixed.

Basically, whilst iOS10 has lots of really neat functions, for me, it is a buggy pile of trash and if I could revert to iOS9, I would in a heartbeat.

However, I only have my 6 for another week then I should get my 7+ if my T-Mo estimate is correct.

I reported most, if not all, of these issues via the feedback assistant when I was on the public beta, however, the feedback assistant was also a buggy mess and sometimes, it just sat my feedback as 'compressing' and despite leaving it for weeks and weeks, it never sent. No matter what I tried to do, some of the options in the feedback assistant just did not work.

you could go back to ios 9.3.5 by restore option via itunes but i would advice you to clean install ios 10 and then use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I had issues with the feedback assistant as well. When they got stuck 'compressing', I would delete it and start over. I submitted about 30 reports, and managed to get them all sent. Have you tried Reset All Settings on your other issues? iOS 10.1 should be out soon. Maybe that will help.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
No, I don't think that's the answer here. A restore is not the answer to every problem people have.

when the person himself is not willing to stay on ios 10 , and wants to move back on ios 9,then you have no choice left. People are not at all willing to give ios 10 a chance. They are all skeptical about it without even remembering that ios 9 in it`s early stage was also buggy and that very same people wanted to move back to ios 8

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I had issues with the feedback assistant as well. When they got stuck 'compressing', I would delete it and start over. I submitted about 30 reports, and managed to get them all sent. Have you tried Reset All Settings on your other issues? iOS 10.1 should be out soon. Maybe that will help.

reset all settings is not always the solution to every problem.

Wolfseye

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Today, after running iOS 10 already a few days, I cant get Bluetooth to work anymore. I am using a 6S Plus btw. I use Bluetooth to connect my Garmin Fenix 3 Watch, which before I had to reset the watch to default factory settings, worked fine. Now that I am trying again to pair the Watch with the Phone, it wont work anymore and I dont know why. I can pair the Watch fine to my secondary phone, a OnePlus 3. But I cant connect anything via Bluetooth on the iPhone anymore. I never had that issue with iOS 9. Someone else with similiar problems ?

Cheers

Wolfseye

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
iTunes is asking me to sign into someone else's account to download music I previously had on the phone before the update. Yes, I'm logged into my own account. I've restarted logged in and out several times, talked to tech support, still no luck. When I have time this weekend will try to see if I can get this resolved, very irritating.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Today, after running iOS 10 already a few days, I cant get Bluetooth to work anymore. I am using a 6S Plus btw. I use Bluetooth to connect my Garmin Fenix 3 Watch, which before I had to reset the watch to default factory settings, worked fine. Now that I am trying again to pair the Watch with the Phone, it wont work anymore and I dont know why. I can pair the Watch fine to my secondary phone, a OnePlus 3. But I cant connect anything via Bluetooth on the iPhone anymore. I never had that issue with iOS 9. Someone else with similiar problems ?

Cheers

Wolfseye

I've got 6s+ also..no issues here with my LG-HBS800 headset...works fine..I don't have a watch..

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
My daughter has been complaining about not be able to stay connected to our wifi since she updated. Mine and my other daughter's have been fine. I blamed it on her lack of care for her phone. But maybe it's iOS 10.

If it's a GSM device TMobile has a known network issue loosing connection and is working on a solution with Apple on fixing the problem. It's a software issue . I also have heard some sort of issue with Airplane mode.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My reminders won't register as completed on the lock screen...it's been marked at complete on reminders and is no longer there but it seems stuck on the lock screen. Just annoying. Also my phone has frozen a few times while texting. The screen dims and won't register any touches.

Both which I hope will be fixed in the next update.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Most of my feedback reports went through fine. It was just my Carplay ones that stuck at 'Compressing.' I haven't tried resetting all settings as I get my iPhone 7 in about five days, so i'm just going to suck it up until then.

itsadonis1230

May 11, 2016
Visit site
This is the issue I'm having since this evening. No display of signal, Wi-Fi, Time, BT, Battery etc. I"m posting the screenshots of my home screen and calendar. In all other apps, I can see it but not on my home screen. It's pretty weird.

IMG_0010.PNGIMG_0011.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, one that appeared on iOS 10.0.1 and has persisted onto 10.1 beta, my volume is not as loud as it used to be. It corrects itself eventually, I'm not sure what corrects it, or what causes it. When the issue is in effect, volume is about 1/3 of the full volume and key clicks are all but inaudible.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, one that appeared on iOS 10.0.1 and has persisted onto 10.1 beta, my volume is not as loud as it used to be. It corrects itself eventually, I'm not sure what corrects it, or what causes it. When the issue is in effect, volume is about 1/3 of the full volume and key clicks are all but inaudible.

Try going to Settings >General > Accessibility > scroll down to Hearing Devices > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on.
This increased the volume of my Wife's 5c a lot. When new, the volume was very low. She has excellent hearing, but could barely hear it. Saw the suggestion online and tried it. It worked so good, we never tried to get a replacement phone. It increased volume on my iPhone 5 a little.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings >General > Accessibility > scroll down to Hearing Devices > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on.
This increased the volume of my Wife's 5c a lot. When new, the volume was very low. She has excellent hearing, but could barely hear it. Saw the suggestion online and tried it. It worked so good, we never tried to get a replacement phone. It increased volume on my iPhone 5 a little.

I would if it wasn't an inconsistent issue or a bug. I'm going to report it to Apple, though it would be nice to know what causes it to begin with, and what corrects it.