Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

Is anyone having a problem on iPad and iPad mini with hooking up the charger and it saying 'not charging' up in the corner by the battery? It is happing on both my iPads for some reason. I am using the chargers that came with the iPads.

clean your charging slots sometimes the dirt accumulate and which leads to charging problem

Brian Woods2

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

You can setup your home button to unlock your iPad by just resting your finger on it. This will allow you to bypass even the passcode screen. To set it up: Go into Settings-General-Accessibility-Home Button. In there you should see an option which says - Rest Finger To Open. Turn that on and then to unlock your iPad, you would just simply - "rest your finger on the button" and your device should unlock. Hope This Helps.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

The "Look Up" feature, that replaced "define" when you highlight a word or a phrase isn't working. The only option I have is "search web". It doesn't even provide a definition for the highlighted word.

you have to download the language pack in language under settings for that to work

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I found out that I wasn't able to re arrange songs in my Up Next list at all. And when queueing a song, it's always play next with no option to add to up next so that I can queue the song after my next song. :/ I don't use Apple Music by the way, all my songs are in the phone.

nobody does use that :p you can go and look for music tab under settings may be that might help/

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

nobody does use that :p you can go and look for music tab under settings may be that might help/

Looked through settings and couldn't find any sort of settings related to that. Such a shame though, it's a downgrade in functionality from iOS 9's music app. I use that feature occasionally and now Up Next is useless lol

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Looked through settings and couldn't find any sort of settings related to that. Such a shame though, it's a downgrade in functionality from iOS 9's music app. I use that feature occasionally and now Up Next is useless lol

I might be wrong but apple has put a lot of effort in music app in ios 10 and after using for sometimes I think you`ll get what you are searching for.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Did an iCloud backup as soon as I got home, plugged 6s to iTunes, and hit "Restore iPhone" -- completely wiped phone, in other words -- and started clean. Took a couple of hours for the whole process, but so far no issues (that aren't feature-related).

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

aEnEGMx_700b_v1.jpg

appreciate it guys . Apple Finally did it.. :rotfl:

Just Remember iOS 10 is just launched give it some time to settle and I am sure there will be periodic updates to help us all. Remember everyone was so skeptical about ios 9 also.
It`s a big improvement designed by apple.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site

Noticed this as well. Not liking the new Apple music as much as the last version.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Did an iCloud backup as soon as I got home, plugged 6s to iTunes, and hit "Restore iPhone" -- completely wiped phone, in other words -- and started clean. Took a couple of hours for the whole process, but so far no issues (that aren't feature-related).

good job. now njoy you ios 10 throughout the weekend

Brian Woods2

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm having a few issues on my iPhone 6Plus/iPad Air 2 that I'm not sure are bugs or features that Apple removed. Maybe someone here has seen this as well:

1) When I plug in a headset, I'm no longer getting my screen to turn on automatically. Also related to this, I'm no longer getting the most used/suggested app at the bottom of my home screen after plugging in my headset, not even the Apple Music app. These features also worked when I connected a bluetooth headset as well.

2) Handoff/Continuity no longer works between my iPhone & iPad Air 2. When I have an app opened on one device and then switch to the other device, the opened app icon doesn't appear at the bottom of my home screen as it used to before the update. Let me say that it works partially. It now only opens most of Apple's own apps and no longer third party apps as it did in IOS 9.

Hopefully either these are bugs that need to be fixed and/or Apple brings them back if they have removed these great features, in my opinion.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm having a few issues on my iPhone 6Plus/iPad Air 2 that I'm not sure are bugs or features that Apple removed. Maybe someone here has seen this as well:

1) When I plug in a headset, I'm no longer getting my screen to turn on automatically. Also related to this, I'm no longer getting the most used/suggested app at the bottom of my home screen after plugging in my headset, not even the Apple Music app. These features also worked when I connected a bluetooth headset as well.

2) Handoff/Continuity no longer works between my iPhone & iPad Air 2. When I have an app opened on one device and then switch to the other device, the opened app icon doesn't appear at the bottom of my home screen as it used to before the update. Let me say that it works partially. It now only opens most of Apple's own apps and no longer third party apps as it did in IOS 9.

Hopefully either these are bugs that need to be fixed and/or Apple brings them back if they have removed these great features, in my opinion.

not experienced them till now. Let me check again and get back to you.

rilmarie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

Hi, it seems that Memories needs a specific no of photos to be activated, I moved over 200 photos on my ipad pro but still doesn't work. Is there a work around to activate memories even with smaller amounts of photos?

Amanda Drake

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

The only problem I'm getting, is when my phone is on charge and I go to open my phone it won't with my finger pressing the home button, have to type my unlock code to open

rilmarie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

Found out how to do it:

Open the photo app and select the Photo Tab
You should see your photos grouped by location
Now select the location name. This will create a memorie and you will have the opportunity to add to the memories tab and edit it also.

Hope this helps

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

The only problem I'm getting, is when my phone is on charge and I go to open my phone it won't with my finger pressing the home button, have to type my unlock code to open

I think the rest to finger option is switched on. Please turn it off and then try. The option is in settings under General > accessibility > Home Button.
If this does not work then remove your previous fingerprint and add new.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Found out how to do it:

Open the photo app and select the Photo Tab
You should see your photos grouped by location
Now select the location name. This will create a memorie and you will have the opportunity to add to the memories tab and edit it also.

Hope this helps

Just read the instructions I have posted. This works +ively.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Hi, it seems that Memories needs a specific no of photos to be activated, I moved over 200 photos on my ipad pro but still doesn't work. Is there a work around to activate memories even with smaller amounts of photos?

Don`t worry madam I have the solution to your problem. Here try this:

Creating Memories

1) To create memories, open the Photos app and go to the ‘Albums’ tab. Tap the plus button at the top left and create a new album. Name the album what you want the memory to be called. The name of the album and the date of the photos included in the memory become the opening title of the memory.

2) When you create a new album, you’re asked to add photos to it. Select the photos you want to include in the memory. You can add/remove them later if you want so don’t worry if you’ve missed a few or added one too many.

3) Open the album you just created and tap the date range shown for the photos. You will see a thumbnail of one of the photos in the album with a play icon on it. Tap it to create a memory from all the photos in the current album. It takes only a few seconds. If you do not tap the thumbnail, the memory isn’t created.

Last edited:

Edrian Villa

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

I hope I wont have any problems updating the phone. Or maybe i'll just wait for a couple of days so that the bugs are fixed. Lol.