I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?
    Do you have "rest finger to open" enabled in Accessibility? That might help as well.
    Prakhar Mohan1 likes this.
    09-14-2016 10:27 AM
    Loving the Memories section in photos but cannot seem to create my own memory. Also wanted to add photos to an existing memory but it only gave me a small selection and not access to my whole photo library.
    09-14-2016 10:27 AM
    I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?
    you could enable the raise to wake feature. That might help
    At least for now, raise to wake is a feature for iPhones only (and iPhone 6s, 6s+, SE, 7, and 7+ only at that.)
    09-14-2016 10:29 AM
    FB Messenger and WhatsApp notification sounds are the same as iMessage and there is no way to change them.

I was facing the same problem.
    Now its working fine after rebooting phone.. Try it..
    09-14-2016 10:51 AM
    I believe what he means is that he has already scheduled it so literally never needs to turn it on and off in the control center. I feel the same way - I've always thought it would be nice to customize the control center to show only those things that you want it to have - though it doesn't bother me all that much. I use control center maybe once a week, and almost always it's just to flip the flashlight on and off.
    I am with you on the customization. It would have been really nice if apple would have enabled this feature in ios. As far as music control is considered apple has made a dedicated control for the music app alone. (When you swpie right to the control center )
    09-14-2016 11:08 AM
    Do you have "rest finger to open" enabled in Accessibility? That might help as well.
    yeah that too. I almost forgot that feature. but sir I think the raise to wake feature might help more as the sensor would work in that
    09-14-2016 11:09 AM
    At least for now, raise to wake is a feature for iPhones only (and iPhone 6s, 6s+, SE, 7, and 7+ only at that.)
    ohh sorry for the mix up... I read wrong I guess.
    09-14-2016 11:10 AM
    I was facing the same problem.
    Now its working fine after rebooting phone.. Try it..
    yups that is the trick
    09-14-2016 11:10 AM
    No major issues at all...just a stupid minor one that my Bitmojis won't work in iMessage.

Also, am I loosing my mind or did Apple change the lock click sound, it went from a loud click to a low sounding door closing.
    09-14-2016 11:15 AM
    Folder Issue?

Anyone notice that when you open a folder and then an app, the folder stays open in the background and when you get out of it? Is there a way to automatically close the folder after you chose an app?
    09-14-2016 01:06 PM
    No major issues at all...just a stupid minor one that my Bitmojis won't work in iMessage.

Also, am I loosing my mind or did Apple change the lock click sound, it went from a loud click to a low sounding door closing.
    yes the lock screen sound is changed
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-14-2016 01:19 PM
    Folder Issue?

Anyone notice that when you open a folder and then an app, the folder stays open in the background and when you get out of it? Is there a way to automatically close the folder after you chose an app?
    never came across this issue. till now.. Anyone for the update on this one.
    09-14-2016 01:19 PM
    yes the lock screen sound is changed
    Thanks...it was bugging me so I shut the sound off now lol
    Prakhar Mohan1 likes this.
    09-14-2016 01:33 PM
    I did a clean install using DFU mode and iTunes.

During the initial setup the "Updating iCloud settings..." screen after signing in with my Apple ID (or maybe it was the screen immediately before or after) seemed to take longer than usual. After completing the setup, I went to Diagnostic and Usage data screen in privacy settings and there was a crash relating to "cloudpaird" that occurred around the same time the initial setup was happening.

I set the phone aside for a few hours and when I returned to it, the phone rebooted on its own (I know that because I had to enter my passcode instead of using Touch ID and there was a panic and reset counter log)

When I went to iCloud settings, it crashed to the home screen.

When I have my phone plugged into my car stereo (2015 Subaru non-nav) through USB, the radio freezes when I am navigating through albums/artists/songs etc - this didn't happen with 9.x.

Finally, the "JetsamEvent" logs seem to be appearing more frequently compared to 9.x. When I set 9.3.5 up from scratch I didn't see them appearing until after I started installing 3rd party apps.
    09-14-2016 01:36 PM
    I am with you on the customization. It would have been really nice if apple would have enabled this feature in ios. As far as music control is considered apple has made a dedicated control for the music app alone. (When you swpie right to the control center )
    In iOS 9 and older the music controls were still there in control center. Everything on one pane. I don't understand the need for two of them now.

As another user pointed out, I have already configured my nightshift to turn on/off at sunset/sunrise so I do not need a giant button in control center. The music controls could be in that spot like they were in iOS 9.
    Devhux likes this.
    09-14-2016 01:42 PM
    In iOS 9 and older the music controls were still there in control center. Everything on one pane. I don't understand the need for two of them now.

As another user pointed out, I have already configured my nightshift to turn on/off at sunset/sunrise so I do not need a giant button in control center. The music controls could be in that spot like they were in iOS 9.
    in ios 10 they basically focused on messages , music and lock screen so they had to give a separate control space for it. I agree with you on the night shift. For that they could have just given a toggle on/off for night shift on the control center
    09-14-2016 01:57 PM
    I've had an issue with Control Center for the past few betas, mostly with calculator and then yesterday with alarms, it won't open when I click on it then it pulls up the 3D Touch options, once those are gone, then I can click on it and open it as usual.
    09-14-2016 02:06 PM
    No issues on my iPhone 6 plus except iMessage was not working after update. I restarted phone and it came back up immediately.

My sister who also has an iPhone 6 plus is not able to take screenshots anymore. Has anyone heard about this being an issue?
    09-14-2016 02:49 PM
    No issues on my iPhone 6 plus except iMessage was not working after update. I restarted phone and it came back up immediately.

My sister who also has an iPhone 6 plus is not able to take screenshots anymore. Has anyone heard about this being an issue?
    nops none has reported this issue. Are you pressing the same thing. ( sleep/wakeup button + home button at the same time)
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    I've had an issue with Control Center for the past few betas, mostly with calculator and then yesterday with alarms, it won't open when I click on it then it pulls up the 3D Touch options, once those are gone, then I can click on it and open it as usual.
    you could try a reset and then get back to us.
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    you could try a reset and then get back to us.
    I've done numerous resets.
    09-14-2016 03:49 PM
    I've done numerous resets.
    Have you tried Reset All Settings?
    09-14-2016 04:11 PM
    nops none has reported this issue. Are you pressing the same thing. ( sleep/wakeup button + home button at the same time)
    yes i asked her if she was pressing everything the same as before she updated to iso10 and she says she has. I also asked her to reset phone and it still does not allow her to take a screenshot.
    09-14-2016 04:32 PM
    yes i asked her if she was pressing everything the same as before she updated to iso10 and she says she has. I also asked her to reset phone and it still does not allow her to take a screenshot.
    I saw that somewhere else in a thread too...I can't remember where or any details..I think same issue..my guess is perhaps bad home or sleep button..should work
    09-14-2016 04:36 PM
    I think there is a problem with the home button. Ask her to visit the Service center and get it checked.
    09-14-2016 05:40 PM
365 1234 ...