iOS 10 - NICE BRICK!!!

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...just because I can: Brick, Brick, Brick.
Okay, sorry, I'll stop being childish now.

PS: I hope everyone was able to resolve their issues from yesterday. Between 13:00 - 13:10 eastern, it was a nightmare for those that downloaded the iOS10 release; like me. It took a total of 3 hours to get my device back up and running...

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I read that there were issues with the update around release time yesterday! Hope everyones bug got resolved and we able to download the update.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the issue was with the first few (100 or 1000) people who downloaded the update. Apple have since resolved it (rather quickly actually) and all should be fine now...

I read that there were issues with the update around release time yesterday! Hope everyones bug got resolved and we able to download the update.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I did it absolutely as soon as it was available hoping to keep ahead of my users for any known problems. The 9.3.5 download to fix things took WAY longer and had errors relative to the 10.01. I did 3 upgrades after that and all were fine.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
that'll take about an hour :)

You were spot-on Robert - almost exactly one hour. Again, it went very smoothly and I'm having fun checking out the new features. Was confused at first because I couldn't take a screenshot, but discovered you have to enable it first. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You were spot-on Robert - almost exactly one hour. Again, it went very smoothly and I'm having fun checking out the new features. Was confused at first because I couldn't take a screenshot, but discovered you have to enable it first. :)

Yes that's disabled by default IIRC. Glad you got it up and running!

Snowlynx

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine's Bricked :p iPhone SE. Didn't even do OTA, just via iTunes. The update failed, so I rebooted PC and tried again - failed. Restore failed...

*sigh*

A brick would be more useful, as at least I could throw it at apple HQ or something.

Snowlynx

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Ha! An update to my last post - I restored about 5 times and it finally 'stuck'. It had been crashing at different spots in the update, but I kept retrying and it finally worked.

Seriously not a fun experience though...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
We had two cellular iPads (a 1 & 2), an iPhone 6S Plus and an iPhone 6 Plus, and all upgraded without so much as a hiccup. Good luck to all having issues though...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
let the lemmings test the upgrades

You're a bitter little man. I've had every iPhone so far and only once did an update hang, and plugging it into iTunes fixed it. Done. That's a great track record.

And if Apple and wanted to be Samsung, they would have exploded your battery and really ticked you off.

I chalk it all up to Karma.

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Morning all. Just been reading problems people have been having installing ios10. I have 6s and am wondering if there's still problem installing? Ok yep I'm scared. I'm thinking it's been out a few days now. I want to install today. Better to go OTA or iTunes? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ha! An update to my last post - I restored about 5 times and it finally 'stuck'. It had been crashing at different spots in the update, but I kept retrying and it finally worked.

Seriously not a fun experience though...

I know. It took 4 tries on my iPhone SE, and then my most recent iCloud backup wouldn't restore. Oh well. I'm up and running again, and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new iPhone 7 :)

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine all fixed when I got home. Updated my iPad Pro via my Mac without issue. Same with the ATV4. Updated my Watch to watchOS 3 which took more than an hour and just hung up. Rebooted my Watch and the update took. Who knows. But I'm glad all my devices are up to snuff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice