Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
i have been plugged into i tunes for about 20 min and nothing is happening

any suggestions? i do not even see my phone in i tunes

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I experienced the same issue. I disconnected and then tried a few more times. I bet your get error 12 next. I did...

i have been plugged into i tunes for about 20 min and nothing is happening

any suggestions? i do not even see my phone in i tunes

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
well so i decided to see if it would see my non updated ipad, it did. then i ejected the ipad and bam! it now sees my phone.

downloading update as we speak

maybe this will help someone with the same issue

i will update if any more problems

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky. Updated my iPhone 6s Plus and it went very smoothly. Only took about 20 minutes or so. Tomorrow I will tackle watch OS 3

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine Bricked today around lunch as I downloaded the OTA and went to install. Just now, 12 hours later, getting it to work. Of course I have to restore from a backup which will take another 41 minutes. Ugh.

I'm afraid to update my iPad.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
When it was all said and done:

Tried to get iOS10 immediately at launch.
BRICKED (or whatever the f you want to call it)
Plugged into old Mac with old iTunes.
Installed 9.5.3 after 2 hours of downloading.
Loaded iOS 10 and it worked.
Restore malfunctioned.
Wiped.
Restore #2 worked.
5.5 hour iOS upgrade to look at messages that only other iOS 10 people can appreciate, but the new keyboard sounds make it all worth it.

Apple did a fine job of attempting to be Samsung today. Pretty disappointing being that I've owned all every version of the iPhone (this restore being in some shape a clone of my 2G) and this upgrade was such a pain.

Lesson: live and learn, let the lemmings test the upgrades and sit in a day or two after. I adopted this philosophy in my yearly iPhone upgrades doing so 30 days from release. I guess this will have to filter through to the software upgrades as well.

Peace!

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
When they downloaded the iOS the phone requested me to connect with iTunes. Ok! I did it and nothing!!! It took 7 hours till it worked. I was about to die. I have an iPhone 6s Plus, this is my first iPhone and I've never been through this before. The hours they give me on iTunes until the phone update was like 33 hours. Insane!! I just wanted to smash that iTunes logo on my iPhone but I didn't because that "Brick" was expensive 😅. I really though my phones was gone. But after several times trying and trying it worked. I've lost all of my stuff but thank god I use iCloud and I could restore some of them. Everything is ok right now.

First impressions: the 3D Touch on it is soooo big. And there is no new wallpapers. 😭

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro