iOS 10 - NICE BRICK!!!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I see my problem. I did an OTA phone upgrade but was plugged into computer. Not having the new iTunes 12.5.1 did the grief.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
That's what I get for being anxious and wanting the shiniest, newest thing ASAP.

I always do the same have never been burned. If I had started at 1000 PT it might have been. It's too bad anybody got burned, but sometimes bad things happen. It could be my turn on the next update.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
This again, as the last post explaining the proper terminology, is missing the complete point of this thread.

I don't think it does. Both posts clarify the terminology, in a straightforward manner. I don't see any aggression. Neither makes light of the update going awry. Maybe I missed such a post.

Anybody can ascribe any definition to any word- this is the Internet after all. But it's misleading and potentially confusing. If it makes them feel better, it's cheap therapy. It doesn't make them right.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I was able to get mine back up and running, but I did it on device. My macbook is acting wonky now for some reason and all the apple apps are crashing, thats the next fix. As to the whole brick not brick thing, my only point I suppose is that most folks on this thread have a general idea of what was meant by the original poster, especially after posting it in the IOS10 forum. Going off on a tangent about whether the correct term is bricked, malfunctioning, stuck in a boot loop, etc just detracts from what I believe the original poster was just trying to say. His (as was mine) phone was unusable after the update. Yes plug it into iTunes yada yada yada, but the fact of the matter is for most folks, this may as well be a piece of brick at that point due to not being able to, or having access to a computer at the time with iTunes. Just my .02, I'm good now with the update, good luck to all you who are still having issues. I remember why I stay away from forums for the most part now. LOL

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Flipping spot on!

I was able to get mine back up and running, but I did it on device. My macbook is acting wonky now for some reason and all the apple apps are crashing, thats the next fix. As to the whole brick not brick thing, my only point I suppose is that most folks on this thread have a general idea of what was meant by the original poster, especially after posting it in the IOS10 forum. Going off on a tangent about whether the correct term is bricked, malfunctioning, stuck in a boot loop, etc just detracts from what I believe the original poster was just trying to say. His (as was mine) phone was unusable after the update. Yes plug it into iTunes yada yada yada, but the fact of the matter is for most folks, this may as well be a piece of brick at that point due to not being able to, or having access to a computer at the time with iTunes. Just my .02, I'm good now with the update, good luck to all you who are still having issues. I remember why I stay away from forums for the most part now. LOL

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
At home now and connected to iTunes. Thus far, three restores have failed. After the OS extracts via iTunes, it suddenly can't find the iPhone. Weird. Trying again, but will keep pressing the volume button to keep the screen active during the extraction. Once it has finished, it should hopefully start the OS install.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I always do the same have never been burned. If I had started at 1000 PT it might have been. It's too bad anybody got burned, but sometimes bad things happen. It could be my turn on the next update.

Did three things (6S+, SE and iPad Pro) using OTA at 1:10 Eastern today with no issues on any.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine how many people are now in front of their mac inside Apple working on this problem. They'll solve this fast...
iPhone 5s installed fine. 👌

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine how many people are now in front of their mac inside Apple working on this problem. They'll solve this fast...
iPhone 5s installed fine. ��

Glad it worked for you. I've tried at least 4 times now (once OTA, the rest through iTunes) and it still won't work.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
In case anyone was wondering (since no one asked - crying here...), my phone has restored and is now on iOS10. Apps still installing, a little slow there...

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The OTA download failed for me, too. Since I'm on a business trip, connecting to iTunes was not an option (work forbids iTunes on my laptop). Thankfully there was an Apple Store nearby, so they sorted everything out for me. Pain in the tookus...

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone was wondering (since no one asked - crying here...), my phone has restored and is now on iOS10. Apps still installing, a little slow there...
I finally managed to get the OS installed. But the iCloud backup wouldn't restore so I'm starting over again :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro