iOS 10 - NICE BRICK!!!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Again....

A bricked phone means one thing: your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a brick. A phone stuck in a boot loop is not bricked, nor is a phone that boots straight into recovery mode

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Not too happy... I started the update and fell asleep. I now awoke to bring prompted to connect to iTunes. I DO NOT USE A DESKTOP ANYMORE. What do I do??

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Is everyone keeping their phone plugged into power when doing the update?...wondering if folks plugged into power are having this issue as well!....

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I should have known better - I'm an enterprise sys admin.

With full backup, cleanup, and restart it still failed. Two 9.3.5 download attempts have failed, third going slower. I need a polite but strong way to say not happy.

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My 6s dos the same had to connect to iTunes and update back to 9.3.5 and it works now but not planning to update to iOS 10 until at the earliest tomorrow afternoon

Griffin2012

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Backed mine up before install and was running 9.3.5 for awhile... and...bricked! Restored phone and works fine. I will wait awhile until they figure out what the problem is with OTA updates. I did try again after reinstall, but received a message saying they " unable to connect to iTunes"?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Again....

A bricked phone means one thing: your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a brick. A phone stuck in a boot loop is not bricked, nor is a phone that boots straight into recovery mode

you can play your silly little word games all you want, but if I can't use it...IT'S A F'IN BRICK!

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe the server are getting slammed????

Very cute, but since the other user already downloaded and installed iOS 9.5.3 and then 10 I could chalk it up to old mac, old itunes version, bad connection, multiple computers and devices on my internet, xfinity having a slowdown....soooooooooo i'm not sure what the problem is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods