Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 177
Like Tree60Likes
  1. #126  
    clouds0222's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    It's in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button > "rest finger to open".
    I don't have the "rest finger to open" setting activated....but my phone is doing it anyway.
  2. #127  
    Breuklen's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    I'm just going to wait till next week and save myself the headaches.
    metalchick719 likes this.
  3. #128  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,064 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    It's in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button > "rest finger to open".
    Ahhhhh Led !! Thank you !! The whole touch & press was driving me crazy
  4. #129  
    SprSynJn's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    728 Posts

    Default Official iOS 10 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by clouds0222 View Post
    I don't have the "rest finger to open" setting activated....but my phone is doing it anyway.
    Are you hitting the home button to wake your phone? Because that is what I am doing and I'm also having the same result as you. I chalked it up to that.

    Just out of curiosity, has anyone had problems after updating over the air versus using iTunes? Usually I update via the latter, but I couldn't be bothered this time so I did it the former as it's much simpler. No issues for those who did the same?
    Last edited by SprSynJn; 09-15-2016 at 01:59 AM.
  5. #130  
    apg300's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
    Are you hitting the home button to wake your phone? Because that is what I am doing and I'm also having the same result as you. I chalked it up to that.

    Just out of curiosity, has anyone had problems after updating over the air versus using iTunes? Usually I update via the latter, but I couldn't be bothered this time so I did it the former as it's much simpler. No issues for those who did the same?
    I'm with you SprSynJn. Successfully updated OTA. No issues encountered at all.
    I initially wanted to update my devices via iTunes -- but experienced download failures.
  6. #131  
    SprSynJn's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    728 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Unfortunately I've had a few of those random restarts, so it looks like I'm going to have to restore from my iMac. Pity, it was running quite well with just the OTA update for at least a few days. Was hoping it would be alright with just that.
  7. #132  
    lightning8888's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Ahhhhh Led !! Thank you !! The whole touch & press was driving me crazy
    Thanks LED same here that press button thing was about to make me make some new words.
  8. #133  
    lightning8888's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Is anyone else experiencing iTunes Unavailable Try Again Later messages?
  9. #134  
    jordancaringal's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    exactly. im using an iphone 5 and actually requiring me to press the home button is nightmare. i've done everything to take care of it and now this?? apple shouldn't have included the iphone 5/5c for the ios10. considering that it's relatively old, thus won't really embrace the new updates as graceful as the newer iphones.
  10. #135  

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by jordancaringal View Post
    exactly. im using an iphone 5 and actually requiring me to press the home button is nightmare. i've done everything to take care of it and now this?? apple shouldn't have included the iphone 5/5c for the ios10. considering that it's relatively old, thus won't really embrace the new updates as graceful as the newer iphones.
    What does having to press the home button do for the upgrade? I'm confused.

    If it doesn't run well (i.e. as smooth, etc.) as iOS 8 or 9 I understand that, but the jump from home button and "shouldn't have included the iPhone 5/5c" doesn't seem to make sense.
  11. #136  
    jordancaringal's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    What does having to press the home button do for the upgrade? I'm confused.

    If it doesn't run well (i.e. as smooth, etc.) as iOS 8 or 9 I understand that, but the jump from home button and "shouldn't have included the iPhone 5/5c" doesn't seem to make sense.
    i mean, the actual pressing of the home button. unlike the new iphones that have finger print scanner, they can unlock their phones easily. but with 5/5c, we still need to press the home button to unlock. im concerned about the health of my home button. pressing it to unlock my iphone just added to percentage of chance of it wearing. my power button has long been gone so my only option to wake it up is by pressing the home, now i gotta do twice just to unlock, especially when in a hurry.
    BlueAquarian likes this.
  12. #137  

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by jordancaringal View Post
    i mean, the actual pressing of the home button. unlike the new iphones that have finger print scanner, they can unlock their phones easily. but with 5/5c, we still need to press the home button to unlock. im concerned about the health of my home button. pressing it to unlock my iphone just added to percentage of chance of it wearing. my power button has long been gone so my only option to wake it up is by pressing the home, now i gotta do twice just to unlock, especially when in a hurry.
    Enable the home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. That saves a lot of home button taps.
  13. #138  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,613 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,094 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Enable the home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. That saves a lot of home button taps.
    When I open the Smart Cover on my iPad Air & press the Home area of Assistive Touch it brings me to the lock screen.
    No need o press the home button.
    Good Luck
  14. #139  
    Vincent Oliver's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    update finish! just know, since i'm not always at home
  15. #140  
    Vincent Oliver's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    i was shocked!, press home button to unlock
  16. #141  
    lightning8888's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
    i was shocked!, press home button to unlock
    You can change it to "Rest To Unlock" under Accessibility in General
  17. #142  
    Ago5tino's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
  18. #143  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ago5tino View Post
    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
    Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.
  19. #144  
    victormb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    37 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    still scared to update
  20. #145  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by victormb View Post
    still scared to update
    Online update issues both OTA and connected were solved the same day. There should be no reason to worry about the update. The issues were not with the iOS itself, but with the ability to update successfully. That's resolved. Update when you're ready. It's not going to be "more resolved" so it's up to you.
  21. #146  

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by victormb View Post
    still scared to update
    It was only a problem in the first hour. Apple fixed it. It was only a distribution issue where those updating OTA were redirected to update in iTunes instead. I updated my Wife's 5c, and it went just fine. It might take a while though, it's a big update. Go for it!
  22. #147  

    Default Official iOS 10 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ago5tino View Post
    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
    I haven't had that issue. I keep "rest finger to open" on. For Apple Pay, I fully press the home button twice. Does not open the phone.
    TurboTiger likes this.
  23. #148  
    Ago5tino's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️️
  24. #149  

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ago5tino View Post
    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ago5tino View Post
    Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️️
    Yup, that's what I do. two clicks to access wallet and hold it down to the terminal
  25. #150  
    jordancaringal's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts

    Default re: Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Enable the home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. That saves a lot of home button taps.
    of course i have it enabled. this upgrade of "unlock" feature clearly only made it easy for later version of iphones, those that have scanner.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why my iPhone is not updating the ios ?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 12:00 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2016, 06:20 PM
  3. IOS 10 photo changes
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 09:19 PM
  4. How to use the iPhone 7 Plus's Portrait mode in the iOS 10.1 beta
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions