It's in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button > "rest finger to open".
    I don't have the "rest finger to open" setting activated....but my phone is doing it anyway.
    09-14-2016 04:53 PM
    I'm just going to wait till next week and save myself the headaches.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    09-14-2016 05:12 PM
    It's in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button > "rest finger to open".
    Ahhhhh Led !! Thank you !! The whole touch & press was driving me crazy
    09-14-2016 08:17 PM
    I don't have the "rest finger to open" setting activated....but my phone is doing it anyway.
    Are you hitting the home button to wake your phone? Because that is what I am doing and I'm also having the same result as you. I chalked it up to that.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had problems after updating over the air versus using iTunes? Usually I update via the latter, but I couldn't be bothered this time so I did it the former as it's much simpler. No issues for those who did the same?
    Last edited by SprSynJn; 09-15-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    09-14-2016 10:25 PM
    Are you hitting the home button to wake your phone? Because that is what I am doing and I'm also having the same result as you. I chalked it up to that.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had problems after updating over the air versus using iTunes? Usually I update via the latter, but I couldn't be bothered this time so I did it the former as it's much simpler. No issues for those who did the same?
    I'm with you SprSynJn. Successfully updated OTA. No issues encountered at all.
    I initially wanted to update my devices via iTunes -- but experienced download failures.
    09-15-2016 05:37 AM
    Unfortunately I've had a few of those random restarts, so it looks like I'm going to have to restore from my iMac. Pity, it was running quite well with just the OTA update for at least a few days. Was hoping it would be alright with just that.
    09-15-2016 08:17 PM
    Ahhhhh Led !! Thank you !! The whole touch & press was driving me crazy
    Thanks LED same here that press button thing was about to make me make some new words.
    09-15-2016 10:38 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing iTunes Unavailable Try Again Later messages?
    09-16-2016 01:52 AM
    exactly. im using an iphone 5 and actually requiring me to press the home button is nightmare. i've done everything to take care of it and now this?? apple shouldn't have included the iphone 5/5c for the ios10. considering that it's relatively old, thus won't really embrace the new updates as graceful as the newer iphones.
    09-16-2016 05:32 AM
    exactly. im using an iphone 5 and actually requiring me to press the home button is nightmare. i've done everything to take care of it and now this?? apple shouldn't have included the iphone 5/5c for the ios10. considering that it's relatively old, thus won't really embrace the new updates as graceful as the newer iphones.
    What does having to press the home button do for the upgrade? I'm confused.

If it doesn't run well (i.e. as smooth, etc.) as iOS 8 or 9 I understand that, but the jump from home button and "shouldn't have included the iPhone 5/5c" doesn't seem to make sense.
    09-16-2016 05:47 AM
    What does having to press the home button do for the upgrade? I'm confused.

If it doesn't run well (i.e. as smooth, etc.) as iOS 8 or 9 I understand that, but the jump from home button and "shouldn't have included the iPhone 5/5c" doesn't seem to make sense.
    i mean, the actual pressing of the home button. unlike the new iphones that have finger print scanner, they can unlock their phones easily. but with 5/5c, we still need to press the home button to unlock. im concerned about the health of my home button. pressing it to unlock my iphone just added to percentage of chance of it wearing. my power button has long been gone so my only option to wake it up is by pressing the home, now i gotta do twice just to unlock, especially when in a hurry.
    BlueAquarian likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:32 AM
    i mean, the actual pressing of the home button. unlike the new iphones that have finger print scanner, they can unlock their phones easily. but with 5/5c, we still need to press the home button to unlock. im concerned about the health of my home button. pressing it to unlock my iphone just added to percentage of chance of it wearing. my power button has long been gone so my only option to wake it up is by pressing the home, now i gotta do twice just to unlock, especially when in a hurry.
    Enable the home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. That saves a lot of home button taps.
    TurboTiger and BlueAquarian like this.
    09-16-2016 10:42 AM
    Enable the home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. That saves a lot of home button taps.
    When I open the Smart Cover on my iPad Air & press the Home area of Assistive Touch it brings me to the lock screen.
    No need o press the home button.
    Good Luck
    09-16-2016 11:11 AM
    update finish! just know, since i'm not always at home
    09-17-2016 02:04 AM
    i was shocked!, press home button to unlock
    09-17-2016 02:05 AM
    i was shocked!, press home button to unlock
    You can change it to "Rest To Unlock" under Accessibility in General
    09-17-2016 02:19 AM
    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
    09-17-2016 03:27 AM
    The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.
    Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.
    09-17-2016 04:53 AM
    still scared to update
    09-17-2016 04:58 AM
    still scared to update
    Online update issues both OTA and connected were solved the same day. There should be no reason to worry about the update. The issues were not with the iOS itself, but with the ability to update successfully. That's resolved. Update when you're ready. It's not going to be "more resolved" so it's up to you.
    09-17-2016 05:20 AM
    still scared to update
    It was only a problem in the first hour. Apple fixed it. It was only a distribution issue where those updating OTA were redirected to update in iTunes instead. I updated my Wife's 5c, and it went just fine. It might take a while though, it's a big update. Go for it!
    09-17-2016 05:35 AM
    I haven't had that issue. I keep "rest finger to open" on. For Apple Pay, I fully press the home button twice. Does not open the phone.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:38 AM
    Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️️
    09-17-2016 05:41 AM
    Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.
    Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️️
    Yup, that's what I do. two clicks to access wallet and hold it down to the terminal
    09-17-2016 06:11 AM
    of course i have it enabled. this upgrade of "unlock" feature clearly only made it easy for later version of iphones, those that have scanner.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-17-2016 06:46 AM
177 ... 45678