zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
i have been plugged into i tunes for about 20 min and nothing is happening

any suggestions? i do not even see my phone in i tunes

MooPenguin32

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
For those on on the iOS 10 GM, you can delete the beta profile, restart your device for good measure, and you're good to go. And yes, you'll be able to leave reviews in the App Store and the Feedback app will be gone.

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
try this courtesy of robertk

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

and this is what i did

well so i decided to see if it would see my non updated ipad, it did. then i ejected the ipad and bam! it now sees my phone.

downloading update as we speak

maybe this will help someone with the same issue

i will update if any more problems

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
So do we know for sure Apple has fixed the problem from this afternoon? Can people download without the error causing you to restore back to 9.3.5?

MCIAD

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I bricked mine this morning, same story as just about everybody. Once I downloaded and installed the iTunes update, then tried again, things went much smoother. Had to do a restore to factory then install the backup I made just before all this began, but more-or-less everything is stable now.

Question: Can anybody find a setting for the ubiquitous "Dark Mode"? I have gone through it all and no joy.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I bricked mine this morning, same story as just about everybody. Once I downloaded and installed the iTunes update, then tried again, things went much smoother. Had to do a restore to factory then install the backup I made just before all this began, but more-or-less everything is stable now.

Question: Can anybody find a setting for the ubiquitous "Dark Mode"? I have gone through it all and no joy.

...And count me in for the 'bricking' experience as well...
I did the OTA at work on wifi with my 6s Plus and 9.7" iPad Pro, and both showed the connect to iTunes screen after installing the update. Have spent the last several hours after getting home, attempting to, and then FINALLY succeeding in making it to 10.0.1 on my 6s Plus via virtually the same steps as described above. I'm now at the point of syncing everything back onto the device (apps, photos, media, etc.) Seeing how it's gone getting my iPhone up and running, I'm going to wait to try to restore the iPad till my next day off, where I'll have the time to devote to getting that squared away. As to whether the OTA is still an issue, I believe blogs such as iMore, and Macrumors are now reporting that Apple has stated the issue as having been resolved. I know that I kept checking for the update when it was supposed to go live, and I'm pretty sure that I got it within moments of it doing so. So, IDK, but there's a saying I feel that applies to my situation that says...
'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'
...I guess that you could count me among one of the former ones, and not one of the latter ones, of that saying... at least for today... Lesson learned though for future updates going from this point forward.
Peace✌️

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Very nice update I must say. Many more improvements than I thought there would be. One question though, does replying to an iMessage only work when using Force Touch? Others have to swipe to do it?