Today is the Day!

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Guys, will you update right when it comes out or wait for a week or two? I have an iPhone SE and this is my first ever iPhone with a major iOS update, so I'm not sure if I should do it right away or wait to see how it works or whether or not it's buggy. :)

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys, will you update right when it comes out or wait for a week or two? I have an iPhone SE and this is my first ever iPhone with a major iOS update, so I'm not sure if I should do it right away or wait to see how it works or whether or not it's buggy. :)

Do it right away. You'll be fine. Most bugs are out from Beta testing. I'm sure they will find some stuff and send out a small update within the first couple weeks.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Beta GM has been out for a week. Since the Keynote.... There has not been major reports of anything, So I am sure your update will be fine.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm most likely updating today, but I was wondering if anyone knows in regards to watch OS 3, does iOS 10 have to be done first or can I install watch os3 on 9.3.5 If i don't get iOS 10 loaded today?

I know it's a random question for this thread but didn't want to create a whole new thread for a simple "yes you need ios10" or "no 9.3.5 is fine for watch os3"

Thanks !
(No, my head isn't buried in the sand. I've just been out of the loop with 2 sick dogs, one with pancreatitis and the other just diagnosed Type 1 diabetic. So I've had no time to look into this)

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
so I'm not sure if I should do it right away or wait to see how it works or whether or not it's buggy

It seems pretty bug free, but everybody's phone/app configuration isn't the same so nothing it guaranteed.

If there's no feature in iOS 10 that you've really been waiting for, then it doesn't hurt to wait.

Apple's servers will be hit pretty hard so if you don't get in right away you may want to wait a couple of days.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Tried to download immediately. download fast (6 min) and got to the last 10 seconds of install and there was an error that is now causing me to restore back to 9.3.5. This is on my 64 GB iPhone 6S Plus.

I will have to try this again.....

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried to download immediately. download fast (6 min) and got to the last 10 seconds of install and there was an error that is now causing me to restore back to 9.3.5. This is on my 64 GB iPhone 6S Plus.

I will have to try this again.....
Same thing happened here. ITunes also still says 9.3.5 is the latest. 64GB iPhone 6S Plus as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel like dealing with setting up a new device so I'll probably end up restoring. It's just so much easier.