1 Day to go for iOS 10. How many of you would immediately

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Been running the GM since is release at the Apple September Event, but if there is an update to the GM then I'll update. Loving he fact that the iMessage Store has gone live earlier than the Official iOS 10 release as well.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you're listening to music stored on your device with the screen off, even over BT, the thing never drains.

I listen to Sirius most of the day. Even on the weekends when I'm off wifi (none at home) and I'm in the barn with my stored music playing, it's dead before midday after having a full charge when I get up.

Maybe other people are just plain lucky.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I listen to Sirius most of the day. Even on the weekends when I'm off wifi (none at home) and I'm in the barn with my stored music playing, it's dead before midday after having a full charge when I get up.

Maybe other people are just plain lucky.

That is the point. The battery life totally depends upon the usage and may vary from person to person.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is the point. The battery life totally depends upon the usage and may vary from person to person.

No, that's your point. The battery life is terrible unless you're basically using the phone like an iPod Touch. Listening to music off local storage over BT and surfing predominately over WiFi likely without much SoT (and certainly not in sizable chunks of SoT).

His post matches up to what I stated earlier in the thread, and what you basically agreed with...

the battery life while using LTE sucks . I agree with you. It drains like a water down the lane.

While earlier in the thread you stated:

I keep my phone on wifi and normally use only whatsapp and fb. but by the end of the day. it`s pretty much upto 85%
To which I would respond... Of course. Even my 4th Generation iPod Touch got "great battery life" on WiFi and using only a Chat App and Facebook.

Most of us buy a smartphone to use it when we aren't tethered to a WiFi connection, and to do more than send tiny text messages and post social updates :p

The only thing that matters to me, as far as battery life is concerned, is how well a phone does on the cellular network during normal day to day usage. Those are the situations in which power actually limits what I can do with the phone, or how long I can use it. I don't care if my phone reaches 20% when I'm on the couch. I simply plug it in and grab a Laptop, or go to my PC. I do care if it gets to 20% at an Amusement Park, because when it's dead, it's dead and no one is going to wait around an 30-60 minutes for me to charge my phone - if I can even find a place to do that. If I'm on WiFi, there's a 75-85% chance that I can simply plug the phone in, anyways.

Of course, situations differ (different countries, places, lives, schedules, etc.). For me, that's basically how it works.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
No, that's your point. The battery life is terrible unless you're basically using the phone like an iPod Touch. Listening to music off local storage over BT and surfing predominately over WiFi likely without much SoT (and certainly not in sizable chunks of SoT).

His post matches up to what I stated earlier in the thread, and what you basically agreed with...

While earlier in the thread you stated:

To which I would respond... Of course. Even my 4th Generation iPod Touch got "great battery life" on WiFi and using only a Chat App and Facebook.

Most of us buy a smartphone to use it when we aren't tethered to a WiFi connection, and to do more than send tiny text messages and post social updates :p

The only thing that matters to me, as far as battery life is concerned, is how well a phone does on the cellular network during normal day to day usage. Those are the situations in which power actually limits what I can do with the phone, or how long I can use it. I don't care if my phone reaches 20% when I'm on the couch. I simply plug it in and grab a Laptop, or go to my PC. I do care if it gets to 20% at an Amusement Park, because when it's dead, it's dead and no one is going to wait around an 30-60 minutes for me to charge my phone - if I can even find a place to do that. If I'm on WiFi, there's a 75-85% chance that I can simply plug the phone in, anyways.

Of course, situations differ (different countries, places, lives, schedules, etc.). For me, that's basically how it works.

thats basically your point of you and I beg to differ.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've personally never understood the "I'm waiting a few weeks" crowd. What exactly does that do? I've always updated the day of. I've never had any issues whatsoever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh