1 Day to go for iOS 10. How many of you would immediately

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually pretty much not going to upgrade to iOS 10 on my 6S Plus anytime soon, until an option/slider is offered to turn off all the "play things" in Messages.

Otherwise, I'd have to turn off iMessages, which I'm not willing to do.

Until then, iOS 9 (and perhaps OS X El Capitan) it is.

Wish you can turn that stuff off. I want just basic messaging.

Turn on Reduce Motion in settings.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you're missing the point.

It's not about what I use. It's about what I'm subjected to, and have no control over.

It's about what other people use when they send messages to you. There is no way to stop their full screen effects, "bam," "wow," "kaplow," etc. from triggering on your device - period. There is no toggle.

Reminds me of the old Batman Series that used to play on television. UGH!

The only way to avoid it, is to not upgrade, since this updated messages app comes with the full FW update. Therefore, I will be staying on iOS 9. I don't consider 10 usable until they provide an option to block the effects and other junk they pushed into the Messages app on my end.

I'm almost positive that upgrading means having to deal with months of people "experimenting" with full screen effects, "emoji novels," and "hidden pictures" just because it's new. Not to mention all the space wasted in conversation threads to stickers, etc.

Either you turn iMessage off, or you don't upgrade. If I'm going to turn it off, why do I even have an iPhone to begin with? Going back to SMS/MMS is starting to look a lot more "attractive," these days, now that iMessage is Apple's literal equivalent to Facebook Messenger (which I wholly dropped after they started adding all this stuff and conversations became inundated with it).

Highlights added by me... your answer is here:

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Motion ON

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I will immediately update my iPhone 6s and Apple Watch too!! I'm in India, so I have to be awake till 10:30PM local time with eyes wide open! lol

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
This is my plan as well. Our wifi at work is ridiculously slow, plus waiting a few hours may get me past that initial rush.

you could do that. As according to the survey there is gonna be a huge huge rush for the ios 10 update. Many people are ready to switch to this update after the positive reviews by testers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice