iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been running iOS 10.0.1 grand master on my 5s since last Wednesday. The last few days my battery life has been horrible. Battery is draining faster than ever. Same apps and nothing changed except for the iOS.

Last edited:

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
It's a 5s purchased in august, new... used with iOS 9... iOS 10 drains a lot. I think I'll install iOS 9 today, before apple releases 10 and I can't go back... :/

EDIT: I just returned to iOS9.3.5 now... iOS10 was eating my battery. E-mail push was disabled, and I was just using same apps when I was with iOS9... I prefer iOS10, hope this gets fixed soon.

I too have a 5s running on ios 10 16gb but I did not found any lag or major bugs. It runs smooth and flawless

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth seems like its still spotty. One of the reasons I downgraded to 9 last time was because the Bluetooth in iOS10 for some reason really struggled connecting to my car. It connects now, but I'm having to turn the audio on and off on the car several times to get it to connect. A problem I never had one time on iOS9.

yups I can agree with that. I have bluetooth speakers and I had to remove them everytime and re-pair them again. Bluetooth connectivity was having some problem for sure

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So I'm assuming that since I'm on the iOS 10 Public Beta GM release, I won't get a notification tomorrow about the official release? Since they are technically the same release?

If that is the case, I should be able to simply remove the beta profile (if I have no desire to continue receiving and testing future beta releases) and be on my merry way? Or is there something else I will need to do to ensure I'm back to the normal way of updates?

No you would still get the notification for sure. Beta profile is for the beta updates for future if there would be any. It`s your wish to keep the beta profile or not but you`ll receive the notification .

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No you would still get the notification for sure. Beta profile is for the beta updates for future if there would be any. It`s your wish to keep the beta profile or not but you`ll receive the notification .

So then I'll be able to just download the final release then remove the beta profile?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've been running iOS 10.0.1 grand master on my 5s since last Wednesday. The last few days my battery life has been horrible. Battery is draining faster than ever. Same apps and nothing changed except for the iOS.

I've been enjoying the GM beta on my 6s except for some of the same battery drain...and some Bluetooth flakyness. BT keeps popping in and out. I hope the "real" iOS10 will be more stable.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I too have a 5s running on ios 10 16gb but I did not found any lag or major bugs. It runs smooth and flawless

I don't know, I wish mine was fine too. I prefer iOS 10... I don't know if I should update later with official release. I'm afraid I can't go back to 9 and I don't want charge the phone 3 times for a day, and I have 3 mophie cases...

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, I wish mine was fine too. I prefer iOS 10... I don't know if I should update later with official release. I'm afraid I can't go back to 9 and I don't want charge the phone 3 times for a day, and I have 3 mophie cases...

you could wait for a month mate . After the reviews for 5s running on ios 10 you could easily update. And here in india if you submit your phone to the apple authorized service center they will by default update your phone to ios 10 (when released) and if you would tell them not to,then they`ll not accept the phone for repair. So half the iphone users have to unwillingly update their phone :p

Last edited:

bbquincar

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Iv removed the beta GM profile but haven't got a notification about the upgrade yet. I'm on Rogers will i have to downgrade to ios 9 or can i stay on this GM beta remove the profile and hope to get the real thing.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Iv removed the beta GM profile but haven't got a notification about the upgrade yet. I'm on Rogers will i have to downgrade to ios 9 or can i stay on this GM beta remove the profile and hope to get the real thing.

you don`t have to downgrade you`ll receive the update as soon as it arrives in your region.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
nops i don`t think so as the official release is the same as GM. check the version both are ios 10.0.1

Yes it's the same version, but so many posts saying to downgrade from gold master to get official release, delete the profile, etc. I just want to go back to general public releases.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

I did not get the notification. Still have the beta profile.