iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've totally gotten used to them now. Do I prefer the reduce motion ON? Absolutely. But now that I have it off, it's just part of how it works for me.

Yeah I get what you mean. I can get used to them, it just seems like its something that's being forced. In the first two betas those effects worked fine with reduce motion being on, so it just seems silly that they are making us keep that animation on in order to get those effects.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get what you mean. I can get used to them, it just seems like its something that's being forced. In the first two betas those effects worked fine with reduce motion being on, so it just seems silly that they are making us keep that animation on in order to get those effects.

Are you now saying "reduce motion on" to get the effects? You quoted a reply that said "reduce motion off" to get the effects. I had to turn my off.. the post above seems confusing.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you now saying "reduce motion on" to get the effects? You quoted a reply that said "reduce motion off" to get the effects. I had to turn my off.. the post above seems confusing.

Yeah sorry, it is confusing. Reduce motion has to be turned off, meaning the zoom in and out of the screen needs to be occurring to get the imessage effects.

What I was saying above was the in previous betas that you could keep reduce motion "on" and the effects still worked, meaning that you could have the zooming in and out disabled and the effects still worked.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

you have to keep the reduced motion off to make the effects work.

You can go through in detail to the post on imore where they have explained to each and every effect.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
you have to keep the reduced motion off to make the effects work.

You can go through in detail to the post on imore where they have explained to each and every effect.

Yes, I know that... I was posting that quote was contradictory about ON and then OFF. Was helping to clarify the post, to help avoid confusion. I think you missed the point, but no worries. If you see the quote you replied to, I already set reduce motion to OFF.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Running on a 6S seems fast and very responsive. I may have had issue when testing iOS 10. Every time my phone hit 10% charge, it would turn off and want me to connect to the power. Did anyone else have this issue? Planning on seeing how it goes with GM before talking to .

as a matter of fact it did never happen to me. I am running io 10 from the 1st beta and now have public GM but the battery problem you are referring to never occurred. mine worked perfectly at even 1% also.

If you are still facing a problem do a reset and then try. As the betas sometime tends to develop a glitch.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Someone told me to do reset. I did it, hard reset without restore backup, configure has new, and still drains fast...

ohh.. There might be some possible glitch then. Because when we update our s/w through OTA then due to the packets being transferred to our phones , some get lost or damaged which causes this issue. You could do one thing sir, on 13th when the iOS 10 is releasing just do an update using iTunes and then see.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. My battery drains very fast too. From 100% to 10% in only 1 hour :(

Someone told me to do reset. I did it, hard reset without restore backup, configure has new, and still drains fast...

If it drains that fast, you likely have an app running wild. Probably using a lot of push notifications or location services. Try going through multitasking and close out any suspect apps. Then do a hard reset. Also, remember the big 3 battery users are 1. Screen brightness 2. Push notifications 3. Location services. Go through Settings and see what can be turned off. Turn your brightness down as much as possible.
If you have Facebook, go to the Facebook Settings and turn off auto video.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
If it drains that fast, you likely have an app running wild. Probably using a lot of push notifications or location services. Try going through multitasking and close out any suspect apps. Then do a hard reset. Also, remember the big 3 battery users are 1. Screen brightness 2. Push notifications 3. Location services. Go through Settings and see what can be turned off. Turn your brightness down as much as possible.
If you have Facebook, go to the Facebook Settings and turn off auto video.

that`s ok what you advised but I use all those things and still my battery performance is very good. on my 6s.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
i would disagree with you. the iph 6 is not old . The older devices would consists of 5,5c and 5s . The iphone 6 and 6 plus is very much way ahead of many devices in the market .here in india

I agree with your disagreement. Because I am still using an iPhone 4s as well the original iPhone. Both phones are working fine for me. So even the iPhone 5 is brand new to me. The 6 and 6 plus are verrrrrrrrry much ahead of my devices.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
That's great! Mine does ok too. Some users have issues though. They may have an app we don't have that is hogging the battery. I've had those before.

yes you may be absolutely right. Some people also keep the brightness to full or do not turn on the auto brightness feature.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a 5s purchased in august, new... used with iOS 9... iOS 10 drains a lot. I think I'll install iOS 9 today, before apple releases 10 and I can't go back... :/

EDIT: I just returned to iOS9.3.5 now... iOS10 was eating my battery. E-mail push was disabled, and I was just using same apps when I was with iOS9... I prefer iOS10, hope this gets fixed soon.

Last edited:

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth seems like its still spotty. One of the reasons I downgraded to 9 last time was because the Bluetooth in iOS10 for some reason really struggled connecting to my car. It connects now, but I'm having to turn the audio on and off on the car several times to get it to connect. A problem I never had one time on iOS9.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I'm assuming that since I'm on the iOS 10 Public Beta GM release, I won't get a notification tomorrow about the official release? Since they are technically the same release?

If that is the case, I should be able to simply remove the beta profile (if I have no desire to continue receiving and testing future beta releases) and be on my merry way? Or is there something else I will need to do to ensure I'm back to the normal way of updates?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro