iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I LOVE the smart archiving feature in Mail. I have a lot of sub-folders and I'm pretty anal about filing away all my read email. This smart feature is a blessing for me.

mclarensr

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Running on a 6S seems fast and very responsive. I may have had issue when testing iOS 10. Every time my phone hit 10% charge, it would turn off and want me to connect to the power. Did anyone else have this issue? Planning on seeing how it goes with GM before talking to .

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Running on a 6S seems fast and very responsive. I may have had issue when testing iOS 10. Every time my phone hit 10% charge, it would turn off and want me to connect to the power. Did anyone else have this issue? Planning on seeing how it goes with GM before talking to .

I didn't have that issue on my 6s.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
How do the iMessege features work? I cant find a way to do most of them. How do you do the big shaking like shouting text and all that? Balloons, confetti, etc. Is there a guide on how it all works somewhere?

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
How do the iMessege features work? I cant find a way to do most of them. How do you do the big shaking like shouting text and all that? Balloons, confetti, etc. Is there a guide on how it all works somewhere?

3D Touch the send button and the menu will pop up. If you select the arrow by the message bar, the option to send the beating heart, etc will be available.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
3D Touch the send button and the menu will pop up. If you select the arrow by the message bar, the option to send the beating heart, etc will be available.

Oh, so some of that will not work if I just have the 6 plus and not a 6s, correct?

Edited to add: Figured it out, didn't realize that if you don't have 3d touch that you just long press for the options to show.

Last edited:

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
My only complaint thus far is that the wallpaper looks "dirty" on the home screen. Especially if it has a white background. To see what I mean, set a white background wallpaper to "both" then go back int settings as if you're going to set a new wallpaper and it shows the current side by side. The home screen thumbnail is darker. It is not like this on ios9.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
if you have the 6s or 6s + then press the send option with 3d touch and many options will appear, chose according to your liking and send.

In non 3d touch phones, you have to long press the send button for the options to appear.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
yes that`s the point. they have only focused on messages and music in iOS 10. On the other hand they should have added some new features which would have made the people upgrade instantly

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Indeed it is, now iPad Pro is so fast I can literally feel it, battery life on iPad and iPhone have improved as compared to the previous beta versions.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Running public GM on both my devices, 64GB 6S and 16GB 6, and running great. I've had the beta since it was released.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint thus far is that the wallpaper looks "dirty" on the home screen. Especially if it has a white background. To see what I mean, set a white background wallpaper to "both" then go back int settings as if you're going to set a new wallpaper and it shows the current side by side. The home screen thumbnail is darker. It is not like this on ios9.

They've been darkening the screens a long time. But it got worse in iOS 10 beta. I Reset All Settings, and it got back to like in iOS 9. Light colored wallpapers will still darken. Some will. But it's been like that several years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
if you have the 6s or 6s + then press the send option with 3d touch and many options will appear, chose according to your liking and send.

In non 3d touch phones, you have to long press the send button for the options to appear.

HUH? Are you talking about the iMessage effects? On my 6s Plus, I have to long press on the blue arrow to bring up the effects menu. And reduce motion has to be off in Accessibility. That what you refer to?