Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Default iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

I've been running iOS 10.0.1 grand master on my 5s since last Wednesday. The last few days my battery life has been horrible. Battery is draining faster than ever. Same apps and nothing changed except for the iOS.
    Last edited by pr1nce; 09-12-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    fabio984 likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #102  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    It's a 5s purchased in august, new... used with iOS 9... iOS 10 drains a lot. I think I'll install iOS 9 today, before apple releases 10 and I can't go back... :/

EDIT: I just returned to iOS9.3.5 now... iOS10 was eating my battery. E-mail push was disabled, and I was just using same apps when I was with iOS9... I prefer iOS10, hope this gets fixed soon.
    I too have a 5s running on ios 10 16gb but I did not found any lag or major bugs. It runs smooth and flawless
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #103  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donnation View Post
    Bluetooth seems like its still spotty. One of the reasons I downgraded to 9 last time was because the Bluetooth in iOS10 for some reason really struggled connecting to my car. It connects now, but I'm having to turn the audio on and off on the car several times to get it to connect. A problem I never had one time on iOS9.
    yups I can agree with that. I have bluetooth speakers and I had to remove them everytime and re-pair them again. Bluetooth connectivity was having some problem for sure
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #104  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    So I'm assuming that since I'm on the iOS 10 Public Beta GM release, I won't get a notification tomorrow about the official release? Since they are technically the same release?

If that is the case, I should be able to simply remove the beta profile (if I have no desire to continue receiving and testing future beta releases) and be on my merry way? Or is there something else I will need to do to ensure I'm back to the normal way of updates?
    No you would still get the notification for sure. Beta profile is for the beta updates for future if there would be any. It`s your wish to keep the beta profile or not but you`ll receive the notification .

Quote Originally Posted by Prakhar Mohan1 View Post
    No you would still get the notification for sure. Beta profile is for the beta updates for future if there would be any. It`s your wish to keep the beta profile or not but you`ll receive the notification .
    So then I'll be able to just download the final release then remove the beta profile?
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #106  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    So then I'll be able to just download the final release then remove the beta profile?
    I think to download the final release you have to remove the beta profile. not sure,but most probably you have to and afterwords you can install the beta profile if you wish

Global Posts
    3,897 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    I've been running iOS 10.0.1 grand master on my 5s since last Wednesday. The last few days my battery life has been horrible. Battery is draining faster than ever. Same apps and nothing changed except for the iOS.
    I've been enjoying the GM beta on my 6s except for some of the same battery drain...and some Bluetooth flakyness. BT keeps popping in and out. I hope the "real" iOS10 will be more stable.
    iMore Elite

yes you may be absolutely right. Some people also keep the brightness to full or do not turn on the auto brightness feature.
    I am guilty of that. The screen looks much better to me in full brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    I keep mine down to about 30% brightness inside. Outside it goes up. It'll eat your battery.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,983 Global Posts

Love it!
    Prakhar Mohan1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

I too have a 5s running on ios 10 16gb but I did not found any lag or major bugs. It runs smooth and flawless
    I don't know, I wish mine was fine too. I prefer iOS 10... I don't know if I should update later with official release. I'm afraid I can't go back to 9 and I don't want charge the phone 3 times for a day, and I have 3 mophie cases...
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #112  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    haha.. but that`s the main reason for battery drain as each pixel on the screen have to be illuminated to full.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #113  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fabio984 View Post
    I don't know, I wish mine was fine too. I prefer iOS 10... I don't know if I should update later with official release. I'm afraid I can't go back to 9 and I don't want charge the phone 3 times for a day, and I have 3 mophie cases...
    you could wait for a month mate . After the reviews for 5s running on ios 10 you could easily update. And here in india if you submit your phone to the apple authorized service center they will by default update your phone to ios 10 (when released) and if you would tell them not to,then they`ll not accept the phone for repair. So half the iphone users have to unwillingly update their phone :P
    Last edited by Prakhar Mohan1; 09-13-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts

Iv removed the beta GM profile but haven't got a notification about the upgrade yet. I'm on Rogers will i have to downgrade to ios 9 or can i stay on this GM beta remove the profile and hope to get the real thing.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #115  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbquincar View Post
    Iv removed the beta GM profile but haven't got a notification about the upgrade yet. I'm on Rogers will i have to downgrade to ios 9 or can i stay on this GM beta remove the profile and hope to get the real thing.
    you don`t have to downgrade you`ll receive the update as soon as it arrives in your region.
    bbquincar likes this.
    iMore Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I keep mine down to about 30% brightness inside. Outside it goes up. It'll eat your battery.
    When I first received my iPad Pro I was using the screen brightness as it was set when I first used the iPad. Then I thought enough of this. Then full brightness.
    iMore Beginner

So I still have the beta profile with the gold master. Will I get the official release if I remove the profile?
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #118  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CyreneK View Post
    So I still have the beta profile with the gold master. Will I get the official release if I remove the profile?
    nops i don`t think so as the official release is the same as GM. check the version both are ios 10.0.1
    iMore Beginner

nops i don`t think so as the official release is the same as GM. check the version both are ios 10.0.1
    Yes it's the same version, but so many posts saying to downgrade from gold master to get official release, delete the profile, etc. I just want to go back to general public releases.
    iMore Beginner

I did not get the notification. Still have the beta profile.

Yes it's the same version, but so many posts saying to downgrade from gold master to get official release, delete the profile, etc. I just want to go back to general public releases.
    The build numbers are the same, from what I've read. Save yourself the trouble and just use what you have
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,674 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

I've gotten happier and excited as developers apps are updated with new features and optimised for iOS 10!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    I've gotten happier and excited as developers apps are updated with new features and optimised for iOS 10!
    Yup, it's been busy.
    iMore Beginner

I rolled my iPad Air and iP6 back to 9.3.5 after about 5 hours. Not really many glitches but so many new ways of doing things that I really don't care for. The Messages app just seems to cluttered and complicated now, and none of the features it adds I really care about. In fact they got rid of the press to record video option (and replaced it with a silly multi-step version that only records up to 10 seconds instead). I also felt like pressing the home button lagged a bit, not sure if this was perceived due to the faster animations or if it really was slow. It wasn't noticeable as much after rolling back.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #125  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

ok. for that you have to restore your phone to ios 9.3.5 via DFU mode and then again update to ios 10 in general way. After that you`ll receive the notifications like normal people.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast