Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Broodn
  • 1 Post By pr1nce
  • 1 Post By ghostface147
  • 1 Post By iwicked
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Default Gold Master

So I've installed the gold master...will there be another update when it's released to the public, or is this it? When can I uninstall the beta profile if I no longer want to be part of the beta?
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Gold Master

This is usually it. The Gold master is usually what the public gets a week later as long as no bugs are found in it. Not sure when you can uninstall the beta profile you probably can after the public release.
    CyreneK likes this.

The GM is usually the public release which will be released next week. If you want to continue receiving betas you'll need the beta profile.
    CyreneK likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Is there any way for someone on the public beta to get the gold master or is it only for devs?

Quote Originally Posted by fleeper View Post
    Is there any way for someone on the public beta to get the gold master or is it only for devs?
    You'll have to delete the beta profile and wait for the GM to be released to the public next week. It's likely the public beta will be patched to the same build as the GM as well, possibly before next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    You'll have to delete the beta profile and wait for the GM to be released to the public next week. It's likely the public beta will be patched to the same build as the GM as well, possibly before next week.
    So if we just leave the beta profile installed will we get the public beta patch? I don't think I deleted the profile when I public beta tested iOS 9

I'm not sure, but I think I removed mine when iOS 9 was released officially.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    So if we just leave the beta profile installed will we get the public beta patch? I don't think I deleted the profile when I public beta tested iOS 9
    Judging from past experience Apple should be pushing out the GM build to public beta testers as they did with the dev beta.

So wait a few days and if by next week it's not pushed to public beta I should delete the profile I guess

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    So wait a few days and if by next week it's not pushed to public beta I should delete the profile I guess
    If the GM is released to the public and the public beta hasn't seen an update yet you can always remove the beta profile. I really don't think Apple is going to leave the public beta testers hanging with an older build number than the GM though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

If you find the GM out there in the wild and want to restore iOS 10 as new before the public release, here's a few things to consider. If using El Capitan, you must have Xcode installed or else you'll get error 14 and you will have to restore to 9.3.5. If using the latest public beta of Sierra, restore as new and you don't need Xcode to make it work. If you're on windows, tough luck. Mac only at this point.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Guys, I'm on public beta 7 and I've removed my beta profile two nights ago as I wish to return to the general public release. Will I get the update when it's released to the public next week?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

You should be able to, yes.
    iwicked likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    You should be able to, yes.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iwicked View Post
    Guys, I'm on public beta 7 and I've removed my beta profile two nights ago as I wish to return to the general public release. Will I get the update when it's released to the public next week?
    Since your beta profile is deleted, absolutely!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    Since your beta profile is deleted, absolutely!
    Cheers!
    neto.farias.92 likes this.