Hi folks. I would like to go back to the regular iOS version when the final release comes out in a few days. How do I jump ship without restoring my iPhone and losing data?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    09-04-2016 02:06 PM
    The last beta prior to release is generally the same build number as the final release. You shouldn't have to do anything except remove the beta profile.
    09-04-2016 02:20 PM
    The last beta prior to release is generally the same build number as the final release. You shouldn't have to do anything except remove the beta profile.
    So do I remove the beta profile now or wait for the final release?

And once I have removed the beta profile, will I automatically get the normal updates as and when they come out for the public version?
    09-04-2016 02:22 PM
    So do I remove the beta profile now or wait for the final release?

And once I have removed the beta profile, will I automatically get the normal updates as and when they come out for the public version?
    I would keep the profile just in case Apple pushes out another beta version prior to launch. After final release go ahead and delete it, or you can keep testing future iOS 10 betas. If you remove the profile and another GM version is released with a newer build number it should let you download OTA.
    iwicked, DarlaMack and pr1nce like this.
    09-04-2016 02:25 PM
    I would keep the profile just in case Apple pushes out another beta version prior to launch. After final release go ahead and delete it, or you can keep testing future iOS 10 betas. If you remove the profile and another GM version is released with a newer build number it should let you download OTA.
    That is a relief. Thank you so much! Indeed, I will stick with the beta profile until final release.

I had run the iOS 9 beta as well last year but couldn't remember how I got back to the public version lol.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-04-2016 02:28 PM
    09-04-2016 02:37 PM
    So if you delete the beta profile you're back on the same update cycle as everyone else not using beta? This is one of the things that stopped me from trying iOS 10 is thinking I had to restore my iPhone later on or I'd be stuck with betas in the future.
    09-06-2016 08:45 PM
    So if you delete the beta profile you're back on the same update cycle as everyone else not using beta? This is one of the things that stopped me from trying iOS 10 is thinking I had to restore my iPhone later on or I'd be stuck with betas in the future.
    Correct.
    THoAddict01 likes this.
    09-06-2016 08:51 PM
    Correct.
    Thanks!
    09-06-2016 08:51 PM
    Thanks!
    You're welcome
    09-06-2016 10:27 PM
    So I have removed the public beta profile. I suppose I won't get the update for the general release of iOS 10 today since I'm already on iOS 10 beta.

When can I expect to receive update from the normal cycle?
    09-06-2016 11:04 PM
    So I have removed the public beta profile. I suppose I won't get the update for the general release of iOS 10 today since I'm already on iOS 10 beta.

When can I expect to receive update from the normal cycle?
    It's hard to say. Outside of the usual fall release Apple pushes updates as needed.
    09-06-2016 11:07 PM
    I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th (Pre-Order) as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.

Pre-Order September 9
    In stores September 16
    Last edited by lightning8888; 09-09-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    09-06-2016 11:14 PM
    I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.
    There's just no way Apple is going to release the iPhone 7 on the 9th. Will they begin preorders on the 9th? Absolutely. Retailers would need to have inventory in stock already to be prepared for a Friday release.

It's a nice thought but I just don't see it happening.
    pr1nce likes this.
    09-06-2016 11:23 PM
    It's hard to say. Outside of the usual fall release Apple pushes updates as needed.
    That's alright. I meant that whenever Apple releases the next update for iOS 10 l, I should be getting it now that I've removed beta profile?
    09-06-2016 11:49 PM
    So I just want to make sure we should remove the beta profile now?
    09-07-2016 12:43 AM
    So I just want to make sure we should remove the beta profile now?
    Yes, if you want to opt out of the beta programme and get regular updates.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    09-07-2016 12:52 AM
    Will the Dev Beta Profile continue to receive updates like the Public Beta Profile does, even after the final one for the general Public has been released?
    09-07-2016 02:48 AM
    Will the Dev Beta Profile continue to receive updates like the Public Beta Profile does, even after the final one for the general Public has been released?
    As long as the beta profile is installed AND Apple pushes out updates then yes, you'll receive them.
    09-07-2016 03:34 AM
    Could someone please walk me through the process of deleting the beta profile. Definitely want to go that route versus restoring iOS 9.

Thanks!
    09-07-2016 04:19 AM
    Could someone please walk me through the process of deleting the beta profile. Definitely want to go that route versus restoring iOS 9.

Thanks!
    Step 1: Launch the Settings app on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Step 2: Tap General and choose Profiles or Profiles & Device Management.

Step 3: Under Configuration Profile(s), choose iOS Beta Software Profile.

Step 4: Tap on the Delete Profile button, enter your device passcode (if enabled), and then choose Delete to confirm.
    Nursedad and Wildo6882 like this.
    09-07-2016 04:24 AM
    Yep...I finally loaded Beta 10.0 to my phone last night, and am mildly impressed. Nothing seems to be earth shatteringly different, but more refined and more convenient. Overall, very nice. But, since the "genuine" 10.0 should be dropping shortly, I went online and deleted my Beta profile so that (hopefully) I'll start recieving update notifications like normal.
    09-07-2016 11:44 AM
    Yep...I finally loaded Beta 10.0 to my phone last night, and am mildly impressed. Nothing seems to be earth shatteringly different, but more refined and more convenient. Overall, very nice. But, since the "genuine" 10.0 should be dropping shortly, I went online and deleted my Beta profile so that (hopefully) I'll start recieving update notifications like normal.
    One more night and you could've had the public release lol. Overall I'm quite happy with iOS 10. Little bits of refinement here and there works pretty well. However, the biggest feature I was looking forward to was the "raise to wake". Really sad that it won't be coming to my iPhone 6.
    09-07-2016 12:04 PM
    One more night and you could've had the public release lol. Overall I'm quite happy with iOS 10. Little bits of refinement here and there works pretty well. However, the biggest feature I was looking forward to was the "raise to wake". Really sad that it won't be coming to my iPhone 6.
    "Raise to wake"? I don't think that's functional on my Beta-ized 6s.
    09-07-2016 01:08 PM
    "Raise to wake"? I don't think that's functional on my Beta-ized 6s.
    It is

iwicked likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:09 PM
46 12