Shifting from iOS 10 Public Beta to iOS 10 regular release

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you just delete the beta profile? And if so what happened afterwards...were you prompted to do anything further after deleting the beta profile?

I was on the iOS 10 beta. I've got the public beta 10.0.1 release on my phone. I removed the beta profile a few hours ago. Haven't gotten a notification and when I go to check updates nothing displays. I'm wondering if I need to use iTunes to install the gm release. Not too worried since I believe both releases are identical. I'll see what happens whenever Apple releases a dot update to iOS 10. If I get the notification, cool. Otherwise I'll update through iTunes. There doesn't seem to be any direct information on what the exact process will be. I see a lot of questions floating and I couldn't locate any direct info (the iMore how to didn't work. I went through the steps and after my phone restarted I was still on the beta). So I figured I'd remove the profile and call it a day just so I don't get any more beta updates.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you just delete the beta profile? And if so what happened afterwards...were you prompted to do anything further after deleting the beta profile?

I had deleted the beta profile before the GM came out. Nothing happened really afterwards. I simply restarted the phone and waited. When the public release was out, I went to settings and checked for software update; found the iOS 10.0.1 and updated.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My battery life was not good on iOS 10.0.1 GM. Went back to 9.3.5 for a day then updated back to the official iOS 10.0.1. Now my battery life is back to what is was before the GM. All is good.

The last beta I used was the public beta 7. I also feel the public release has better battery life than the beta.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I was on the iOS 10 beta. I've got the public beta 10.0.1 release on my phone. I removed the beta profile a few hours ago. Haven't gotten a notification and when I go to check updates nothing displays. I'm wondering if I need to use iTunes to install the gm release. Not too worried since I believe both releases are identical. I'll see what happens whenever Apple releases a dot update to iOS 10. If I get the notification, cool. Otherwise I'll update through iTunes. There doesn't seem to be any direct information on what the exact process will be. I see a lot of questions floating and I couldn't locate any direct info (the iMore how to didn't work. I went through the steps and after my phone restarted I was still on the beta). So I figured I'd remove the profile and call it a day just so I don't get any more beta updates.

The public beta 10.0.1 (GM) is the same as the latest public release. So you will not be prompted to update since you're already on the latest OS. As you have deleted your beta profile, you should receive the next official update and once you install that you should be back to the main public release.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
The public beta 10.0.1 (GM) is the same as the latest public release. So you will not be prompted to update since you're already on the latest OS. As you have deleted your beta profile, you should receive the next official update and once you install that you should be back to the main public release.

Just so I'm clear if I'm on 10.0.1 (GM) and I delete the public beta profile there will be no ill affects or any prompts to update my iOS?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR