Shifting from iOS 10 Public Beta to iOS 10 regular release

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Could someone please walk me through the process of deleting the beta profile. Definitely want to go that route versus restoring iOS 9.

Thanks!

Step 1: Launch the Settings app on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Step 2: Tap ?General? and choose ?Profiles? or ?Profiles & Device Management?.

Step 3: Under ?Configuration Profile(s)?, choose ?iOS Beta Software Profile?.

Step 4: Tap on the ?Delete Profile? button, enter your device passcode (if enabled), and then choose ?Delete? to confirm.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yep...I finally loaded Beta 10.0 to my phone last night, and am mildly impressed. Nothing seems to be earth shatteringly different, but more refined and more convenient. Overall, very nice. But, since the "genuine" 10.0 should be dropping shortly, I went online and deleted my Beta profile so that (hopefully) I'll start recieving update notifications like normal.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep...I finally loaded Beta 10.0 to my phone last night, and am mildly impressed. Nothing seems to be earth shatteringly different, but more refined and more convenient. Overall, very nice. But, since the "genuine" 10.0 should be dropping shortly, I went online and deleted my Beta profile so that (hopefully) I'll start recieving update notifications like normal.

One more night and you could've had the public release lol. Overall I'm quite happy with iOS 10. Little bits of refinement here and there works pretty well. However, the biggest feature I was looking forward to was the "raise to wake". Really sad that it won't be coming to my iPhone 6.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
One more night and you could've had the public release lol. Overall I'm quite happy with iOS 10. Little bits of refinement here and there works pretty well. However, the biggest feature I was looking forward to was the "raise to wake". Really sad that it won't be coming to my iPhone 6.

"Raise to wake"? I don't think that's functional on my Beta-ized 6s.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
"Raise to wake"? I don't think that's functional on my Beta-ized 6s.

It is

cef9c0cce2b904d062c0c63a811297f7.jpg

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The iOS 10 GM is actually showing up in Settings > General > About & Settings > General > Software Update as iOS 10.0.1 after installing for some reason.

Roland

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually I got an email from apple saying that for beta users we are offering candidate version of iOS 10 and macOS its the same like GM so I installed both.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th (Pre-Order) as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.

Pre-Order September 9
In stores September 16

This is true.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, why would we want to delete the "iOS beta software profile"?

I was running the Beta iOS10 but now after updating this morning, it's showing I'm running iOS 10.0.1

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, why would we want to delete the "iOS beta software profile"?

I was running the Beta iOS10 but now after updating this morning, it's showing I'm running iOS 10.0.1

Only delete if you want to stop using the Beta and go to full release / updates.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just to share, I successfully updated to the iOS 10 public release without a hitch. Happy days.

Did you just delete the beta profile? And if so what happened afterwards...were you prompted to do anything further after deleting the beta profile?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was not good on iOS 10.0.1 GM. Went back to 9.3.5 for a day then updated back to the official iOS 10.0.1. Now my battery life is back to what is was before the GM. All is good.