Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TwitchyPuppy
  • 1 Post By Chris Kerrigan
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Why can I send screen effects but I cannot receive them with iOS 10?

I used to be able to send and receive screen effects and text bubbles with iOS 10, but now I can't receive them. When someone sends me an effect like the fireworks, it simple shows up as (sent with fireworks). I have already tried turning my phone off and back on. I have also checked to make sure that my Reduce Motion was turned off, which it is. Any other ideas of suggestions?

Default Re: Why can I send screen effects but I cannot receive them with iOS 10?

Probably a bug on the beta.
    Try using the Feedback app to report it =)
    ashdij likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

Default Re: Why can I send screen effects but I cannot receive them with iOS 10?

Quote Originally Posted by ashdij View Post
    I used to be able to send and receive screen effects and text bubbles with iOS 10, but now I can't receive them. When someone sends me an effect like the fireworks, it simple shows up as (sent with fireworks). I have already tried turning my phone off and back on. I have also checked to make sure that my Reduce Motion was turned off, which it is. Any other ideas of suggestions?
    I had a similar problem. Try signing out of iMessage and then signing back in again, that fixed it for me.
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    I had a similar problem. Try signing out of iMessage and then signing back in again, that fixed it for me.
    This.

Still need Reduce Motion off though.... I'd suggest sending feedback if this is something you'd like changed.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

It's a beta version. So..