Quick question re: lock screen

Jeff Kirsch

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi all - when I'm on a call with the screen locked, and a text comes through, I hear a notification sound (or vibration), but the message doesn't appear on my screen. Anyone else having the same issue? I've checked all the settings and can't figure this out.

Thanks!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all - when I'm on a call with the screen locked, and a text comes through, I hear a notification sound (or vibration), but the message doesn't appear on my screen. Anyone else having the same issue? I've checked all the settings and can't figure this out.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff.

Under Settings > Notifications > Messages all the way at the bottom... do you have Show Previews toggled on?

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jeff.

Under Settings > Notifications > Messages all the way at the bottom... do you have Show Previews toggled on?

Having previews on doesn't change the issue he/she is talking about. When you're on a phone call, no notifications display on the lock screen. I can't remember if it's always been like that, but I know it's been like that with me since at least iOS 9, probably longer.

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
100% agree that this is new. I've ALWAYS gotten the notification pop up when on a call. Now all I get is the sound and the only way I can see it, is if I pull down the notification bar. I've tested this on ios9 and it worked fine. I know it's small, but it is aggravating none the less.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
100% agree that this is new. I've ALWAYS gotten the notification pop up when on a call. Now all I get is the sound and the only way I can see it, is if I pull down the notification bar. I've tested this on ios9 and it worked fine. I know it's small, but it is aggravating none the less.

Settings > Notifications > phone > enable banners at the bottom. Or alerts. Either works. Be sure "Show on lockscreen" is on.
8934e5d568e30140fca1be084d4e0ee0.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner