Hi everyone...

I have a question or a issue with the home app and Homekit.

I recently added 2 iDevices in my house to control lights, when i was on iOS9 i tried to invite my wife to the "home" so she can have control also but whenever i sent her the invite she would never get it. I've tried all sorts things like log in and out of icloud on both devices, wiped the iDevice to start from scratch.

Fast Forward couple of weeks

I updated to iOS10 beta and fell in love with the HOme App. Everything is nicely laid out and easily accessible and not clunky like the iDevices App. After i had everything set up i invited my wife again and same result nothing. So last night i upgraded her to iOS10 beta thinking it should be fine now with the Home app and such but nothing. The strange thing is after upgrading her i tried sending a invite from her Home app and i get the invite but it doesn't seem to finish the invite process...it just Circles.

My question is...is this an Home App Issues or do you guys think its an individual phone/icloud issue?
    Another question is - Once i haev Homeapp installed can i remove the other application that controls the device?
    08-24-2016 10:46 AM
    Hi Allen!!

I think it might be a beta issue... remember iOS 10 still has its quirks. I ran into the same issue when I was trying to invite one of my son's to my Home. I just ended up resending him the invite... but remember in order to accept the invite they user must also be running iOS 10 and it seems like when you sent her the first invite she wasn't on it.

Here's a recent article on iMore about the HOME app. Lol I'm also running iDevices and find that the Home app works much better than the default app, however, I haven't removed it for fear of messing up the flow I have going.
    08-24-2016 12:10 PM
    i tried when we were both on the same iOS. it didnt work when we were both on iOS 9, i thought iOS 10 with the home app would work alot better but it doenst.

She can send me a invite thought but it never completes the process
    08-24-2016 12:20 PM
    i tried when we were both on the same iOS. it didnt work when we were both on iOS 9, i thought iOS 10 with the home app would work alot better but it doenst.

She can send me a invite thought but it never completes the process
    Ok what app were you using on iOS 9.... iDevices right? The Home app is new to iOS 10.
    08-24-2016 12:22 PM
    WHen i was on iOS9, i invited through iDevices AND homekit in the settings.

Now on iOS 10 i used both the home app and the ideivce app.
    08-24-2016 12:41 PM
    ok...so i jsut sent a invite to a friend and he was able to get it...so now i'm thinking its my wifes phone/account, and hes on ios 9.3
    Last edited by itsAllenShi; 08-24-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    08-24-2016 12:46 PM
    ok...so i jsut sent a invite to a friend and he was able to get it...so now i'm thinking its my wifes phone/account
    Are her Notifications turned on? The invite is sent by way of Notification, but even if she missed it she should be able to go into Settings > Follow-up > View > Accept within the Home App.

How to add a home to the new Home app in iOS 10 | iMore
    08-24-2016 12:48 PM
    When i sent her the invite last night i had her phone next to me so i konw i didnt miss a notification...

I dont see follow-up in settings, is that just regular settings?
    08-24-2016 01:09 PM
    When i sent her the invite last night i had her phone next to me so i konw i didnt miss a notification...

I dont see follow-up in settings, is that just regular settings?
    Sorry... my mistake, yes its under the regular settings. I'm going by the diagram from that article shown and her pending invite should be directly above Airplane Mode under Settings. It would say Follow-ups.
    08-24-2016 01:37 PM
    i'll check again later tonight, but when i was testing the invites i have both phones in my hands so its hard to miss the notifications

i'm really leaning towards somethign with her phone
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-24-2016 01:45 PM
    i'll check again later tonight, but when i was testing the invites i have both phones in my hands so its hard to miss the notifications

i'm really leaning towards somethign with her phone
    Please let us know... I would maybe start over following that guide that I posted above. I'm curious though how you sent your friend an invite via the Home app and he was added once he accepted.
    08-24-2016 01:57 PM
    i sent the invite through the home app via the home settings.in the home app (the top left arrow)
    08-24-2016 02:10 PM
    i sent the invite through the home app via the home settings.in the home app (the top left arrow)
    Lol no... I meant since you're on iOS 10 and your friend is on iOS 9.3. He got the invite, but how is he able to access your iDevices.
    08-24-2016 02:25 PM
    ohhh...i'm not sure yet. I'm waiting to see him later and then we'll figure it out but i think it might be along the lines of like Siri maybe
    08-24-2016 02:34 PM