Messaging/screen affects not working???

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has answered you, but you need to be on a iOS10 public beta and Reduce Motion has to be off in order to work.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!! This solution works!!

You need to go to settings -> general -> accessibility and then turn OFF reduce motion

With later betas they have changed it to only work that way. I much prefer reduce motion on but that means no message effects.

I have reported it and would suggest you do the same.

ashdij

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I am able to send screen effects, but I'm not able to receive them. I used to be able to send and receive screen effects and text bubbles with iOS 10, but now I can't receive them. When someone sends me an effect like the fireworks, it simple shows up as "(sent with fireworks). I have already tried turning my phone off and back on. I have also checked to make sure that my Reduce Motion was turned off, which it is. Any other ideas of suggestions?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am able to send screen effects, but I'm not able to receive them. I used to be able to send and receive screen effects and text bubbles with iOS 10, but now I can't receive them. When someone sends me an effect like the fireworks, it simple shows up as "(sent with fireworks). I have already tried turning my phone off and back on. I have also checked to make sure that my Reduce Motion was turned off, which it is. Any other ideas of suggestions?

That's a tough one, that's what it would look like with Reduce Motion turned ON. Something is stuck. Might try to reset all settings (not erase)

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

Here's more info: How to reset and restore your iPhone's settings, network, location, and more | iMore

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is a bug or if there's some technical reason Apple can't or chooses not to implement it with RM On.

It worked ok in the first couple of betas, then suddenly it didn't work. Figured out it was that and it's been fine since. No idea why it would change -- I would suggest everyone submit feedback on it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner