You don't have permission to read this story. - error message

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Any idea why if I click to read an iMore article in Apple News app on iPad or iPhone I get this error message

You don't have permission to read this story.

OK is only option to touch to get out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

OP, I'm researching this. I've heard of permissions issues on computer, but not iPhone. Hopefully someone who knows will come along.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

Thanks. Last night was the third time this happened over the course of about a week, so I thought I would post and ask.

Everything I read says it's not your account and etc. If you no one hear knows this, I would call Apple Support and ask.
You might first try signing out of iCloud, then sign back in.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
re:

iMore articles in Apple News are the only articles that give me the error. Every other story in Apple News works fine.

Every iMore article I clicked on last night again gave the same error. Only iMore. I say it's on iMore backend for supplying articles for Apple News.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

iMore articles in Apple News are the only articles that give me the error. Every other story in Apple News works fine.

Every iMore article I clicked on last night again gave the same error. Only iMore. I say it's on iMore backend for supplying articles for Apple News.

I don't have that happen on mine. I haven't heard of anyone else have it happen. Did you try deleting iMore from your favorites list, then add it back in?

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
re:

Tried deleting iMore from Favorites. Same issue. Closed out News and everything. So weird, I've never gotten this on any article I tap to read except iMore.

So I downloaded the iMore app. Must say very well done app iMore.

I don't have that happen on mine. I haven't heard of anyone else have it happen. Did you try deleting iMore from your favorites list, then add it back in?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

This is believed to be an iOS 10 issue. Might be intermitten, BUT it seems to be only happening to iMore member's on the beta. I'm pretty sure our tech is aware of the issue, BUT since this is regarding a beta software, I'm not sure how much effort will go in to fixing it on our end.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

This is believed to be an iOS 10 issue. Might be intermitten, BUT it seems to be only happening to iMore member's on the beta. I'm pretty sure our tech is aware of the issue, BUT since this is regarding a beta software, I'm not sure how much effort will go in to fixing it on our end.

I've only seen 2 users say they have this problem. I'm on beta but do not. It is odd. Probably have to wait for September and see what happens.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I actually had this problem as well. It may be a complete coincidence, but when I signed out of my account from the iMore app it seemed to stop happening.

Really weird...either way, glad it seems to be fixed for you.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Last night, 8/18 and today 8/19, I have not had this issue when selecting to read an iMore article. Apple must have fixed it on their end, or iMore did.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen the other day, but since I use the iMore app for forum use, I tend to read iMore stories in the iMore app. I only read iMore stories in Apple News when I come across something that I've not seen in the app while browsing Apple News.

It seems to be fixed today, was going to suggest the Beta 7/ PB 6 release had fixed it but if some are reporting it fixed yesterday as well as today then it's ether the iMore feed into Apple News or Apple News backend servers have been fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73