Mark reminders complete on lock screen

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I like iOS 10 for the most part but I use reminders quite a bit and have noticed with the new lock screen in iOS 10 that I can't mark reminders completed. I can only hit view or clear. View requires me to log in to my phone and clear only clears the notification. Does anyone know of a way to mark reminders completed on the lock screen? Or is this another one of those instances Apple tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I like iOS 10 for the most part but I use reminders quite a bit and have noticed with the new lock screen in iOS 10 that I can't mark reminders completed. I can only hit view or clear. View requires me to log in to my phone and clear only clears the notification. Does anyone know of a way to mark reminders completed on the lock screen? Or is this another one of those instances Apple tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

If it was something that was available prior to iOS 10 than I would suggest sending Feedback through the Feedback app. Since iOS 10 is a beta some features might not work as they did previously, but its something worth letting Apple know about.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Just tested to see for myself, agree that all many originations lack actions (including reminders), however when reminders is added as a widget you can mark as completed. I can also force touch the notification and get defer and complete actions.

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and submitted some feedback about it. May have to add reminders as a widget I guess. I am using a 6plus so I do not have force touch, although I'm planning on upgrading here before too long.

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hit view then it will give you the option to complete it.

Thanks for enlightening me about this. I guess I just assumed that "view" would require me to log in to my phone and just open the app. Still one more step then before. It at least better then having to go into the app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for enlightening me about this. I guess I just assumed that "view" would require me to log in to my phone and just open the app. Still one more step then before. It at least better then having to go into the app.

It's 2 actions just as before. Before you had slide left, then tap. Now it's 3D Touch, then tap.

have24

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It's 2 actions just as before. Before you had slide left, then tap. Now it's 3D Touch, then tap.

I don't have 3D Touch, on a 6 Plus. Before it was a swipe and tap complete. Now it's a swipe, tap view, and tap mark as complete. Hoping to upgrade to the 6s or 7 and get 3D Touch soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen