iOS 10 notifications

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So I noticed when my phone is unlocked and I get notifications, they seem to be alert style notifications instead of banners, meaning I have to actually dismiss the notifications before it disappears rather than disappearing on its own. I went to the settings and confirmed it's set to banner style also. Anyone else have this problem?

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I don't know what else to do outside of turning all notifications off. I did submit feedback to Apple about this.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen this. I have my mail and a few other apps set as banner and they always show and disappear fine.

What doesn't work sometimes is the notification sound. I have a mail notification sound set and sometimes I hear it along with the banner, other times I get the banner but no sound.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In an app, they show as a banner, but don't dismiss until you take action. Has to be a bug. I've only seen it while in an app.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
In an app, they show as a banner, but don't dismiss until you take action. Has to be a bug. I've only seen it while in an app.

Does it happen all the time? As I read this thread in the iMore app, I got a banner notification for an email. It stayed for a few seconds and then went away on its own, like it should.

I've yet to see this issue.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed when my phone is unlocked and I get notifications, they seem to be alert style notifications instead of banners, meaning I have to actually dismiss the notifications before it disappears rather than disappearing on its own. I went to the settings and confirmed it's set to banner style also. Anyone else have this problem?

No. I still get banners that appear for a few seconds and move up and out.

bb8900edit

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
This is happening to me as well.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes I'd like to dismiss it by swiping up and it won't. With messages notifications I will use 3D Touch to open it up and the message is blank.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does it happen all the time? As I read this thread in the iMore app, I got a banner notification for an email. It stayed for a few seconds and then went away on its own, like it should.

I've yet to see this issue.

It's happened maybe 3 or 4 times, and I've no clue why. Gonna watch it more closely.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't the exact problem, but I'm having issues with notifications in my Notification Center not letting me press them. I'll press them 20 times before they work. Anyone else seeing this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen