iOS 10 and broken home button.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
If you have a broken home button, I would NOT recommend doing anything with loading iOS on it again!.. I recommend getting it officially repaired! Depending on which device it is, I believe you could render it inoperative trying to reload iOS on the phone..perhaps depending on what about the home button is broken...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can use the power button to lock the phone. But you may need the home button to unlock it with Touch ID. Or you can press the power button, then enter your passcode to unlock. Also, without a home button, you can use the on screen home button in Assistive Touch in Accessibility. It won't unlock the phone though. It will assist while using the phone.

stga77

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
If you have a broken home button, I would NOT recommend doing anything with loading iOS on it again!.. I recommend getting it officially repaired! Depending on which device it is, I believe you could render it inoperative trying to reload iOS on the phone..perhaps depending on what about the home button is broken...

Thanks!
That was my thought exactly.
I have a friend who is about to buy an iPhone 5S with a broken home button and I had my suspicions.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!
That was my thought exactly.
I have a friend who is about to buy an iPhone 5S with a broken home button and I had my suspicions.

Oh I wouldn't have any reservations about buying the phone as long as it actually fully functions otherwise...I would just make sure it can be officially repaired easily. I almost always take my devices to Apple Store..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How can that be?
If the button ain't responsive, how can you push it to unlock then?

1. Push power button
2. Swipe right to bring up widgets
3. Tap on a widget and enter passcode
4. Use Assistive Touch on screen home button to exit app.
You're In.

On iOS 9.3.3, you would pull down the notification center and tap a widget.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal